Posted on: August 5, 2022
WHO ARE WE?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.JOB CATEGORYFinance and AccountingCOMPENSATION OVERVIEWThe
annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide
market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role
across the country. The actual salary for this position will be
determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity
and location of the role; the skills, education, training,
credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions
of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and
benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based
cash incentive awards.SALARY RANGE$59,400.00 - $97,900.00WHAT IS
THE OPPORTUNITY?Under moderate supervision, the Tax Specialist
performs moderately complex professional tax functions within
Corporate Tax. Prepares and compiles reasonably complex tax
provisions and filings, and performs related tax research. This
position does not manage others.Travelers offers a hybrid work
location model that is designed to support flexibility.WHAT WILL
- Responsible for the preparation, compilation and processing of
moderately complex tax returns, supporting schedules, forms and
- Analyze and maintain tax records and perform account
- Assist on special projects and in the maintenance of various
- Contribute to analysis of tax provisions, business changes and
corporate restructuring. This includes making recommendations and
performing moderately complex research and related
- Utilize appropriate tools to obtain data necessary to support
tax calculations, tax payments and related journal entries.
- Responsibilities may include extracting and analyzing data from
internal systems, Statutory Annual Statement, and other financial
- Assist on tax audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.WHAT WILL OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A Bachelors' degree in accounting or finance.
- Basic knowledge of tax concepts.
- Basic knowledge of computer application software, particularly
- Intermediate time management skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.WHAT IS A
- A minimum of three years of relevant corporate tax experience
or a minimum of two years of public accounting tax experience.WHAT
IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- RETIREMENT: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- PAID TIME OFF: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- WELLNESS PROGRAM: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- VOLUNTEER ENCOURAGEMENT: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.EMPLOYMENT
PRACTICESTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to fill
this position at a level above or below the level included in this
posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
Keywords: Travelers, Olympia , Tax Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!