Company: Bank of the Pacific
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Department: Administration Accounting
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Grade: Salary grade based upon an applicant's experience at hiring and allows for progression within the position. The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience.
Statement of Hire:
At Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer's expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics.
They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for ensuring the successful performance of the operational accounting function of the Company. This position supervises operational accounting staff by overseeing a variety of processes to include accounts payable, reconciliations, investments and fixed assets. The Accounting Operations Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of related accounting policies and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Supervises operational accounting functions including fixed assets, accounts payable, investment securities and account reconcilements.
- Investment securities processing and reconcilement, including monthly pledge monitoring and investment cash flow.
- Manages correspondent bank relationships to include authorized signers and reconciliations.
- Oversees management of the daily cash management position.
- Manages security access for various platforms to facilitate the performance of duties being managed.
- Oversees management of a variety of accounts to include Prepaid Assets, OREO, Bank Owned Life Insurance, Trust Preferred Securities, etc.
- Oversees maintenance of Bank insurance records.
- Assists with information gathering for both internal and external routine audits and examinations.
- Manages staff training and development plans to ensure cross-functional and career path goals are met, as appropriate.
- Implements and updates systems related to the facilitation of the above functions.
- Other various related tasks associated with the accounting department.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Record keeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- AA in accounting or business
- Five or more years of accounting experience in a financial institution
- Five or more years of supervisory experience
- Understanding of the bank policies and procedures
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of financial institution accounting requirements, practices and procedures.
- Understanding of governmental regulations and financial regulatory reporting requirements.
- Understanding of related auditing, core processing and technology functions.
- Excellent leadership, collaborative and human relations abilities.
- Able to organize, coordinate, implement and direct projects.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Able to use all related hardware and software.
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
- General office environment
- May be necessary to work extended hours
- Periodic travel if needed
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Keywords: Bank of the Pacific, Olympia , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!