Administrative Assistant (AA2) - Part Time Position
Company: Washington State
Posted on: December 2, 2019
DescriptionAdministrative Assistant 2__This is a part-time, project
position with a year long duration.The Pollution Liability
Insurance Agency (PLIA) provides an effective and efficient
government funding model that helps owners and operators meet
financial responsibility and environmental cleanup requirements for
underground storage tanks. PLIA has a team of dedicated
professionals committed to open collaboration, innovative thinking,
and delivering high quality service, to ensure success in meeting
our mission.If you have a passion for public service, providing
excellent customer service, and furthering economic development and
environmental soundness, then PLIA is the ideal workplace for you.
PLIA offers a dynamic work environment that fosters teamwork,
diversity, inclusiveness, and opportunities for continued learning
and professional growth.We invite you to apply for the position of
Administrative Assistant 2 where you will provide support to the
Administrative Services Manager in a variety of specialized
assignments and/or projects.DutiesSome of what you'll do:
- Assist in managing the Executive Director's calendar by:
coordinating and scheduling appointment requests, resolving
conflicts and preparing relevant appointment information.
- Assist in Executive meeting preparation by: reserving meeting
space, preparing agendas, taking and composing notes and
maintaining recurring meeting files.
- Ensure the Executive Director and Administrative Services
Manager are informed of action items, deadlines, priorities, and
relevant agency issues.
- Compose and edit correspondence and other reports or written
material, reviewing for form, content, and consistency with agency
statute, rules and policies.
- Conduct research and assemble data for use in reports or by
supervisor to assist in decision making.
- Assist in the preparation of agency reports and
- Maintain established agency electronic and manual filing
- Ensure strict confidentiality and maintenance of confidential
records and information.
- Receive visitors.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Respond to customer inquiries.QualificationsRequired:
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year paid clerical experience or equivalent
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and ethical
behavior at all times.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment: phones, fax, copier,
printer, computers, etc.
- Keyboarding at a net speed of 50 words per minute (wpm) or
more.The preferred candidate must also have:
- Positive and professional interpersonal and communication
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal well with competing priorities and difficult
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable rules, regulations,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of proper grammatical construction; sentence and
paragraph development; basic mathematics.Preferred/Desired:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public
administration, environmental or closely allied field.
- More than one (1) year of paid clerical experience.
- Experience in the area of graphic design.
- Experience using GIS software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Ability to apply critical thinking strategies to evaluate and
- Experience in serving, communicating and interacting with
diverse individuals and groups.Supplemental InformationIn addition
to completing the online application, applicants must attach the
following documents to their profile in order to be considered for
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific
qualifications for this position;
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
- A list of at least three (3) professional references with
current telephone numbers.READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS
- The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and
completeness of the "duties summary" section of your application in
Careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted,
and the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "duties
summary" section of the application. Responses to the supplemental
questionnaire regarding work experience must be reflected in the
"duties summary" section of the application.
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information
is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any
untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the
applicant pool or dismissal if employed.VETERAN'S
PREFERENCEApplicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish
to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or
other verification of military service. Please blackout any
personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.Note:
Applicants claiming veteran's preference points must attach the
documentation with each on-line application. If you do not provide
appropriate documentation to qualify for these preference points,
the points will not be awarded.*For additional information on
Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are
eligible, *click here.We thank you and are grateful for your
serviceShould you have any questions regarding this position or the
online application, contact Lolo Florentino Arevalo at (360)
407-8074 or email@example.com.*The State of Washington is an equal
opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance
with their application or that need this announcement in an
alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877)
664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the *Washington
Relay Service.Salary: $2,844.00 - $3,682.00 MonthlyLocation:
Thurston County Olympia, WAJob Type: Project (limited
duration)Department: Pollution Liability InsuranceJob Number:
2019-11839Closing: 12/4/2019 11:59 PM PacificAgency: State of
WashingtonAddress: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job
Posting for Location, Washington, 98504Phone: View Posting for
Agency ContactWebsite: http://www.careers.wa.gov
Keywords: Washington State, Olympia , Administrative Assistant (AA2) - Part Time Position, Administration, Clerical , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!