Company: Washington State
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Description_Note: This recruitment will remain open until
filled. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring
decision at any time. It is in the applicant's best interest to
submit materials as soon as possible. First application review will
be March 23, 2020 and continue weekly. _**Special Note:_ This
position is exempt from civil service rules._For more information,
please seeWAC 357-19-195.As Administrative Supportto Results
Washington, you will provide high level administrative assistance
to the Director, senior leadership and the Results Washington
team.What we're looking forSuccess in this position requires a
proactive, strategic thinker who can develop support systems,
pursue process improvement and work independently to provide the
daily support necessary to keep the office and team functioning and
productive. You will be a team member who represents the agency to
the public and to partner agencies, contributes to a respectful
workplace, and who is comfortable with ambiguity, a rapid pace and
ability to adapt quickly to change. You will ensure that agency
products and documents are high quality and professional.About our
programResults Washington, founded in 2013 within the Office of the
Governor, is Washington State's performance system that integrates
performance management, continuous improvement and cross-agency
collaboration to achieve key goals and improve government
effectiveness. Results Washington and its dozens of state agency
partners are driving measurable improvements in five areas of
importance to Washingtonians.Learn more about Results
Washington.DutiesSome of the duties performed by this position
- Developing, managing, operating and improving the office
support systems and structure.
- Ensuring that public facing documents are professional and high
- Proactively managing and coordinating the Director's activities
and calendar. Setting up meetings.
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the team
such as scheduling events, assisting with developing presentation
materials, troubleshoot logistical issues and group meetings.
- Building positive working relationships and clear
communications with team members, agency partners and
- Processing travel requests and arranging travel for the
Director and team members including airfare, hotel, transportation
and registrations for events.
- Providing HR support to the Director and team members including
working on position descriptions; assisting with all aspects of the
- Conducting general office support duties such as ordering
office supplies and maintaining team contact lists.
- Monitoring and managing the Results Washington email and main
- Collecting receipts and processing invoices.
- Serving as the agency's records coordinator.
- Assisting with scheduling performance audit meetings and
providing logistical support, as needed.
- Assisting with implementing the agency's communications
strategy and plan.QualificationsRequired:
- Five or more years (full-time equivalency) of experience
providing professional support in office, secretarial, or general
- Proficient communication skills including writing and
- Intermediate proficiency in the following Microsoft
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean.
- Demonstrated experience supporting executive level
- Experience with the state's Travel Expense Management
- Commitment to and experience with advancing diversity, equity
and inclusion.Supplemental InformationAPPLICATION PROCESSThe top
candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this
position. Because the selection will be based on information
provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the
knowledge, skills and abilities that address the required and
desirable qualifications described above.Interested applicants are
required to submit the following:
- A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
- A current resume detailing applicable experience and
- A list of at least three professional references with current
telephone numbers.The Office of the Governor is an equal
opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment
that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual
orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic
minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age,
and disabled and Vietnam-era veterans are encouraged to apply.
Persons needing accommodation in the application process, or who
wish to receive this job announcement in an alternative format may
call 360-725-0158 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf:
711 Relay.For questions about this recruitment or to request
reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email*
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (360) 902-0461*. For TTY
service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or
1-800-833-6388.Salary: $51,097.00 - $68,706.00 AnnuallyLocation:
Thurston County Olympia, WAJob Type: ExemptDepartment: Office of
the GovernorJob Number: 2019-11211Closing: ContinuousAgency: State
of WashingtonAddress: View Job Posting for Agency Information View
Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504Phone: View Posting for
Agency ContactWebsite: http://www.careers.wa.gov
Keywords: Washington State, Olympia , Administrative Support, Administration, Clerical , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!