Office Administrator I
Company: Granite Construction
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an
industry-leading company that will give you the experience and
exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so,
then you've come to the right place!
This is an entry level position responsible for assisting and
supporting the Business Manager and/or Office Manager in performing
multiple administrative functions to ensure efficient, cost
effective and professional office operations.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for assisting in day-to-day administrative and
basic accounting functions of the business unit to ensure accurate,
efficient and timely processes.
- Assist with various daily, weekly and monthly administrative
functions and process all or some of the following: payroll,
accounts payable, accounts receivable, contracts, material
billings, equipment reporting, fuel reconciliation, petty cash,
purchasing card reconciliation and document control to ensure
accuracy and timely completion in accordance with established
procedures and compliance with Company policy, General Accepted
Accounting Principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to the Business
Manager and/or Office Manager on relevant issues to ensure key
information is disseminated.
- Assist field operations with informational inquiries to ensure
productive work environment.
- Assist with large job set ups, contract billings and A/R
collections to ensure accuracy, timeliness and cost
- Assist with internal audits and self-audits of all business
functions to ensure that established internal controls are followed
to maintain compliance with Granite's policies and procedures,
including all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Assist other functional leaders with administrative functions
including Human Resources, Equipment, Safety, Estimating,
Construction and Construction Materials to ensure efficiency and
accuracy of office needs.
- Provide purchasing/ shipping/ receiving support, for field
operations as needed to ensure productive work environment.
Depending on work location.
- Provide business development support, as needed, for
communicating with customers (mailings/ faxes/ invitations, etc.).
Depending on work location
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-2 year administrative and office experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational
procedures, and personnel.
- Must be proficient on spreadsheet and word processing
applications, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Must demonstrate ethical and professional business
- Must have effective verbal and written communications
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond with a sense of
urgency as required.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- JD Edwards World/One World.
- 10 key by touch.
- JWS Material Billings System (preferred).
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands
to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to
adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily
- Team player.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400
Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company,
one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and
construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities,
Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a
Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on
applicant/employee rights please clickhere.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will
not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly
from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite,
including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address,
fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to
Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property.
Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any
candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to
have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or
fees.Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's
recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction
with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to
a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency
that does not have such agreement in place.Agency agreements will
only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources
Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is
authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement
of candidates by Agencies.
Keywords: Granite Construction, Olympia , Office Administrator I, Administration, Clerical , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!