DCYF Secretary Senior - Wenatchee
Company: State of Washington
Posted on: May 11, 2022
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) was
created to be a comprehensive agency exclusively dedicated to the
social, emotional, and physical well-being of children, youth, and
families regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or
other socioeconomic factors. We believe our workforce should
reflect the communities we serve and are actively searching for
candidates that reflect that diversity.
We're looking for a Secretary Senior to join our team to provide
administrative support, working toward the common goal of
eliminating child and youth outcome disparities based on race and
ethnicity. Our vision is that "All Washington's children and youth
grow up safe and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and
educationally, nurtured by family and community."
We are searching for a strategic, organized professional to join
our administrative services team at our Wenatchee office as a
Secretary Senior. -This individual will perform a wide variety of
complex secretarial duties for a unit of Social Workers,
Supervisors, and Community Partners. Additionally, the selected
candidate will coordinate office operations and act as a
receptionist to the clients and community members who enter the
Some of what you will get to do:
* Answer multi-line phone systems, assist customers, and resolve
* Respond to inquiries regarding DCYF policies, procedures, and
* Perform complex secretarial duties, and maintain computer
database files and record-keeping systems. -
* Request records such as birth certificates, death certificates,
and social security cards. -
* Complete the redacting process for Discovery.
* Distribute and process mail and court documents/reports. -
* Order supplies and equipment and monitor inventory control. -
* Arrange for facility and equipment maintenance and repair
contracts and services.
* Schedule meetings and/or reserve conference rooms for staff or
family time visitations. -
* Make travel arrangements for supervisors/staff and maintain
vehicle reservations. -
* Assist Social Service Specialists with various requests and
* Monitor State vehicles; transport state vehicles for repairs
and/or routine maintenance when needed, and schedule repairs.
* Attend staff meetings, unit meetings, and training. -
What we are looking for:
High school graduation or equivalent and two years of increasingly
responsible office experience.
In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal applicant
will also have demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
* Ability to work independently and prioritize work duties.
* Intermediate/advanced level of computer literacy in Microsoft
* Ability to learn and effectively use other software or database
* Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with customers,
community partners, staff, and, the public.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Work in a high-stress environment.
* Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
How do I apply? -
Complete your applicant profile and attach the following
* Letter of interest describing how you meet the specific
qualifications for this position -
* Current -resume -detailing experience and education
* Proof of education (High School diploma or equivalent, or college
Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14, state employees must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that any offer of
employment is contingent upon you providing verification of your
vaccine status, having an approved medical accommodation, or having
an approved religious accommodation. No start date will be approved
until you have either verified your vaccine status or have an
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history
will be conducted. Information from the background check will not
necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in
determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform
in the position.
To take advantage of the Veteran's preference please attach your
DD-214, member 4 long-form, or your NGB-22. -Please black out your
social security number prior to attaching.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness
of your application and the materials submitted. All information
may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications
with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the
supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity,
diversity, inclusion, and respect.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process?
Unable to apply online? Contact the Recruitment team at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-701-4928 or the Telecommunications
Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing, or
completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627
or email email@example.com.
Keywords: State of Washington, Olympia , DCYF Secretary Senior - Wenatchee, Administration, Clerical , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!