DCYF Secretary Senior- Queen Anne
Company: State of Washington
Posted on: June 22, 2022
This recruitment has been extended to attract a larger applicant
pool. Applicants that have previously applied do not need to
King County Premium: -The salary listed above does not include the
additional 5% premium granted to King County employees. - -
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) was created
to be a comprehensive agency exclusively dedicated to the social,
emotional, and physical well-being of children, youth, and families
regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other
socioeconomic factors. We believe our workforce should reflect the
communities we serve and are actively searching for candidates that
reflect that diversity.
We're looking for a -Secretary Senior -to join our team to -provide
administrative support, working toward the common goal of
eliminating child and youth outcome disparities based on race and
ethnicity. Our vision is that "All Washington's children and youth
grow up safe and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and
educationally, nurtured by family and community."
The Opportunity: -
Are you an organized individual who can prioritize and meet
deadlines? We need your secretarial experience at the -King
West-Queen Anne -Office -to assist our efforts to support families
and communities in keeping children safe. - As a Secretary Senior,
you will greet visitors, answer questions, and provide information
regarding DCYF programs to the public. Our ideal candidates will be
able to plan independently, organize and prioritize work, and
initiate action to ensure work and office goals are met. If you
like developing new work methods and solving problems, we encourage
you to apply and see what DCYF is all about!
Some of what you will get to do:
* Serve as the first point of contact for clients, co-workers, and
* Answer multi-line phone system, determine next steps to assist
customers and resolve problems.
* Upload files and data entry of legal results from court
* Respond to inquiries regarding DCYF policies, procedures, and
* Process discovery requests/guardianship disclosure for
* Move and lift packages to stock office inventory into supply
* Manage Cordiant Portal, input and update FamLink as necessary.
* Request Social Security Cards and Birth Certificates. -
* Manage concrete goods and office inventory, process service
referrals, and track and organize office inventory.
* Make travel arrangements for supervisor(s), clients, and staff;
maintain records of travel itineraries; may compile final travel
* Use various operating systems and software to process technical
manuscripts, examinations, scanning, and correspondence.
* Assist and support Social Service Specialists with vehicle
reservations and other various requests. -
* Assist with State vehicle monitoring; transport state vehicles
for repairs and/or routine maintenance and schedule repairs. -
* Maintain various Excel Spreadsheets for tracking and
organizational purposes. -
* Assist with other clerical duties as assigned. -
What we are looking for:
High school diploma (or completed GED) and two years of
increasingly responsible office experience requiring keyboarding or
In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal applicant
will also have some or all of the following:
* Experience operating a computer, keyboarding, and utilizing
Microsoft Office products.
* Experience drafting, editing, and sending electronic
* Experience researching and navigating internet browsers.
* Experience editing, proofreading, and drafting memos and other
forms of written documents.
* Experience prioritizing multiple assignments in an office
* Ability to effectively communicate with management, peers,
clients, and the public.
* Ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced
* Ability to process high levels of customer service skills.
* Ability to operate vehicles for maintenance/repair transport.
* Ability to handle inquiries and complaints promptly and
* Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the
* Ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment. -
* Ability to adapt to changes in regional policy and practices.
How do I apply? -
Complete your applicant profile and attach the following
* Letter of interest describing how you meet the specific
qualifications for this position -
* Current resume detailing experience and education
To take advantage of Veteran's preference please attach your
DD-214, member 4 long-form, or your NGB-22. -Please black out your
social security number prior to attaching.
Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14 -(Download PDF Reader)
-state employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please
note that any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing
verification of your vaccine status, having an approved medical
accommodation, or having an approved religious accommodation. No
start date will be approved until you have either verified your
vaccine status or have an approved accommodation
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history
will be conducted. Information from the background check will not
necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in
determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform
in the position.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness
of your application and the materials submitted. All information
may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications
with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the
supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity,
diversity, inclusion, and respect.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process?
Unable to apply online? Contact the Recruitment team at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (360-870-3221) or the Telecommunications
Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388.
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing, or
completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627
or email email@example.com.
Keywords: State of Washington, Olympia , DCYF Secretary Senior- Queen Anne, Administration, Clerical , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!