File Clerk and Office Administrator
Company: Gravis Law, PLLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Gravis Law, PLLC is seeking a full-time Office Administrator and
File Clerk to join its Olympia, WA location. Gravis Law serves
people and communities across the nation by providing uncomplicated
access to world-class legal services. In 2019, 2020 and 2021 Gravis
Law was ranked as the fastest growing law firm on the Inc. 5000
list of Fastest-Growing Companies in America. The Office
Administrator generally performs a variety of tasks to support the
attorneys and paralegals by staffing the front desk, completing
administrative tasks and being the first impression for clients and
vendors that visit the office. The OA/File Clerk position is entry
level; however, there is substantial organization to grow and build
professional skills. This position is critical to the day-to-day
functions of our offices and you can rest assured that your efforts
will be valued. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staffing the front desk to assist any visitors to the
- Maintain the file room to ensure cleanliness and that the files
are in proper order.
- Open/close case files (physical files) as necessary.
- Process all incoming documents to digital and physical
- Collecting new client-related documents from paralegals and
other employees and process the documents to ensure they are
properly filed within the physical and digital client files.
- Ensure that all files are properly maintained and up to date
with all necessary documents.
- Locate and prepare necessary files for attorneys to use during
upcoming court appearances, hearings, trials, and other
- Prepare client file(s) for upcoming meetings between attorney
and client and deliver file(s) to attorney in advance of the
- Prepare notes and highlight necessary information for the
attorney to access within the file needed for upcoming court
appearances, hearings, trials, and other matters.
- Return all files to file room or other proper location after
court hearings, trial, client meetings, etc.
- Travel to Court to file documents with the Clerk of the
- Travel to Court and present documents to the Court for
signature ex-parte .
- Deliver and serve documents on opposing counsel.
- Scanning, filing, and routing documents, letters, and other
- Other administrative tasks as assigned. Requirements:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS*: High School Diploma or GED required, college
graduate with bachelor's degree preferred. Must have excellent
verbal and written communication skills, including ability to
effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
Ability to talk. Listen and speak clearly on the phone and through
written communications. Computer proficiency (MS-Office- Word,
Excel, and Outlook). Must be able to work under pressure and meet
deadline, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing
exemplary customer service. Ability to work independently and to
carry out assignments to completion within parameters of
instructions give, prescribed routines, and standard accepted
Other requirements include:
- Typing speed: 50 WPM
- Computer literacy:
- General Microsoft office experience
- Word processing
- E-mail composition & general functionality
- Web browser experience *Any equivalent combination of
experience and training which provides the required knowledge,
skills and abilities may be substituted. WORK
ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Duties will be performed
in a standard office environment. Employees must have the ability
to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with Gravis
policy. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will
occasionally be required to work weekends, holidays, be on call,
and some employees could be required to travel overnight on
occasion. This job description is not designed to cover or contain
a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the Office Administrator.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones
may be assigned at any time with or without notice. These are
considered essential duties and are illustrative of those job tasks
that are fundamental. Employees may be required to perform
additional related duties as may be assigned by management.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. COMPENSTAION AND
Gravis Law offers a professional work environment, a competitive
salary including bonuses, along with generous benefits which
- Paid leave
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Participation in Gravis Law's 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Volunteer Time Off Full time job position: Monday - Friday 8:30
am - 5:00 pm Hourly wage: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour PM21
Keywords: Gravis Law, PLLC, Olympia , File Clerk and Office Administrator, Administration, Clerical , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!