Nursing Professor, Full-Time Tenure Track
Company: South Puget Sound Community College
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Location: Olympia, Washington, 98512, United StatesJob ID: Posted: 02/01/2019Position Title: Nursing Professor, Full-Time Tenure TrackCompany Name: South Puget Sound Community CollegeSector: College / UniversityEntry Level: falseMin Education: Master's Degree
Nursing Professor, Full-Time Tenure Track
The basic assignment is 177 contract days with a salary of $54,378, plus a stipend of $11,700 to compensate for duties performed during an eight week summer term (in addition to any summer teaching contracted with the instructor). The effective date of employment will be September 17, 2019.
South Puget Sound Community College seeks candidates for the 2 academic year to fill a full-time, tenure track position in Nursing. Successful candidates will possess the interest, skills and abilities to help college teams lead the state in innovative and collaborative learning experiences designed to optimize student success.
The Nursing Professor will:
- Place student success at the center of all decision-making.
- Engage with students, faculty, staff and administrators to create a community of learners.
- Seek opportunities for teaching and learning excellence.
- Embrace change, risk-taking and innovation.
- Respect the richness of diverse cultural values, beliefs and practices of others.
- Contribute to the technical and general education of students who will apply learning to the world of work and transfer their education to a university.
South Puget Sound Community College is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among its professional staff. The students that we serve come from a variety of backgrounds. On average, 43% of SPSCC students are people of color. We strongly encourage members of the underrepresented groups, veterans, and bi- or multi-lingual individuals to apply for this position to help meet the needs of our diverse students and service district.
And if that isn't enough? We also offer:
- The Clipper Cafe grill specializing in seasonal comfort foods
- The Bake Shop offering daily baked goods made by our students
- Fine dining in the Percival Room, offering vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free choices as part of our Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts programs
- Campus bookstore offering snacks, apparel, and specialty supplies
- Starbucks coffee shop
- Bus service every 15 minutes to downtown Olympia and beyond - you receive a FREE State Agency Rider (STAR) Pass
- FREE parking on campus - permits are not required
- On-campus child care
- Percival Creek, which runs beneath our campus footbridge, provides year-round beauty and views of Chinook, Coho, and chum salmon pass through each fall
- Many walking paths that are marked and on nicely paved sidewalks
- Gym and recreation facilities
- SPSCC promotes wellness with a variety of different workshops and events on campus
- Lots of activities with our Arts and Entertainment series, which are usually free for staff and faculty
- Many community events in the Kenneth J. Minnaert Center for the Arts
Faculty members will work with other faculty, staff, and administrators to:
- Create and facilitate contextualized and integrated learning experiences in Nursing in relation to identified college pathways that are linked to career goals.
- Create authentic assessments of students' knowledge, skills, and abilities in Nursing that measure course, program, and college wide outcomes.
- Apply multiple teaching and learning strategies that promote the affective, cognitive and kinesthetic domains of learning
- Provide online, hybrid, and/or e-Learning enhanced courses.
- Use local, state, and national data and analytics to continuously improve strategies for student success.
- Advise students regarding academic pathways and the courses needed to reach each student's academic goals
- Use a wide range of learning resources, tools and technologies to improve access and student success in higher education.
- Serve on committees that support the shared governance of the college.
Summer Contract:This position includes a stipend of $11,700 to compensate for duties performed during an eight week summer term. This includes:
- Strategic and operational planning to meet standards for improvement set by the Revised Code of Washington, the Washington Board of Nursing, and The National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation.
- Collection and analysis of local, regional, and national data relevant to nursing education and student professional success.
- Performing outreach as directed by the program administrator.
- Pursuing continuing nursing education needed for certification.
- The summer contract is in addition to any summer teaching contracted with the instructor. Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree in nursing. Individuals with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited college or university and enrolled in a master's degree program are encouraged to apply, but a master's degree in nursing is required prior to award of tenure.
- Three years of clinical experience.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in Washington upon hire.
- Meet clinical agency requirements which may include, but are not limited to, background clearance and immunizations.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with other individuals, teams, committees, and departments.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people of diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs.
- Master's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in curriculum and/or program development and evaluation.
- Experience with student advising.
- Experience in college level teaching.
Applications must include the following attachments:
- Cover letter addressed to the Screening Committee that addresses your qualifications as they relate to the minimum qualifications and required attributes described in this announcement.
- Current resume.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts from institutions of higher education.
SPSCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: South Puget Sound Community College, Olympia , Nursing Professor, Full-Time Tenure Track, Education / Teaching , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!