New Mexico Business Efficiency Industrial Engineer
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job DescriptionThis senior role will focus on improving the
capital equipment efficiency of technologies on the NM Site. This
will involve driving and supporting actions to improve Silicon
Photonics, EMIB, and Foveros as individual technologies as well as
in an integrated, holistic manner across these technologies. Key
objectives are driving to affordability targets and maximizing
utilization/potential of the NM Site to support Intel's
growth.Success will require partnerships across multiple
stakeholder groups, such as the NM Site Plant/Factory Managers and
their Engineering/Production personnel, the NM Site's Program
Leaders for Silicon Photonics, EMIB, and Foveros, and those in
their teams supporting technology development, Finance
capital/expense owners, as well as Intel corporate personnel
responsible for overall company equipment and space planning.Some
examples of key responsibilities include driving improvements to
capacity modeling strategies/tactics, supporting capital equipment
efficiency efforts within each technology program and initiating
pursuit of cross-technology opportunities, and completing what-if
analyses for future business scenarios.This role will require the
use/development of complex equipment capacity and optimization
models to forecast requirements, predict output and cycle time
constraints, and identify cost improvement opportunities through
effective decision support systems.The primary responsibilities of
this position will include:
- Development and validation of models and factory decision
support systems to analyze and recommend capacity plans and
responses to the complexities of running multiple technologies and
products on an equipment platform.
- Development and implementation of operational decision support
systems to drive output and productivity
- Strategic and tactical modeling to navigate the challenges of
planning across the different time horizons.
- Collaborating with Program and factory
engineering/manufacturing groups to remove factory output
roadblocks by developing tools and reports that highlight
deficiencies and/or areas of opportunity.
- Data analysis and development of key metrics to drive and
improve overall module and factory performance to achieve factory
- Analysis of cycle time, cost, and tool performance vs. goal to
develop recommendations and drive improvement roadmaps
- Developing solutions to unique, complex, and challenging
problemsThe ideal candidate must exhibit the following behavioral
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal
- Must role model continuous growth and learning new technical
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills,
tolerance of ambiguity, and commitment to task.
- Skilled at collaboration with stakeholders and partnering
across organizational boundaries to solve problems and drive
- Demonstrated capability of working in a high performing team
which includes setting high expectations, driving accountability to
those expectations with a high sense of urgency, role modeling the
desired culture, and leading a team to produce results.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills to influence senior
management and drive changes to improve cadence and performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated and able to adapt
to a rapidly changing environment. Demonstrates strong
self-initiative and self-learning capabilities.
- In-depth knowledge of production and/or IE business and
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and
- Strong statistics knowledge with demonstrated application.
- Simulation experience desired.
- Strong capabilities and knowledge in manufacturing science,
data analysis, and project management.QualificationsMinimum
- Candidate must have a MS degree with 3+ years of experience or
a BS degree with 5+ years of experience in an engineering
discipline such as Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Systems
Engineering or Operations Research or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with VBA coding, pivot tables and
- Minimum of 3 years of semiconductor experiencePreferred
- 1+ years of SQL experience including T-SQL expertise.
- 1+ years of demonstrated advanced Excel skills.
- 1+ years of experience with R and/or Python, data science and
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization, analytics,
modeling and statistics.
- 1+ years of experience/knowledge in operations research
including theory of constraints, supply chain management, queuing
theory, and factory physics.Inside this Business GroupAs the
world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every
facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from
semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield
improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world
class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the
Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a
worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and
assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of
Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on
Earth.Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and
local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to
government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19
including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to
change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, military and veteran status, marital status,
pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual
orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law,
regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation
package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of
competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more
information about our Amazing Benefits here:
ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which
allows employees to split their time between working on-site at
their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances
the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Keywords: Intel, Olympia , New Mexico Business Efficiency Industrial Engineer, Engineering , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!