Company: LOTT Clean Water Alliance
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Salary $71,045.94 - $95,207.22 Annually
Location: Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: 2018-10
11/26/2018 5:00 PM Pacific
**PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION**Under general supervision of the Engineering Division Director, assist the Engineering Division by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments for a large variety of wastewater treatment, collection system, pipeline, pumping, and reclaimed water facilities.
Examples of Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete engineering and project tasks, calculations and analysis to support upgrade of treatment plant and collection system facilities;
- Working under the direction of engineering project managers, support projects with various engineering office and field work duties including locates of existing utilities, field measurements, and pipeline/manhole and facility condition assessments;
- Provide project engineering for treatment plant and collection system projects including pumping systems and manhole and pipeline rehabilitation. Project Engineering includes developing and reviewing engineering plans and specifications, and working with consulting engineers to complete project plans and designs;
- Utilize existing record drawings and as-builts to provide for development of design of new or upgraded facilities;
- Work as a team member with Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff to monitor and analyze the utility system for deficiencies and make recommendations for improvements in design and operation. Coordinate project assignments with various LOTT departments;
- Manage the televising and condition assessment of off-site interceptor sewers and manholes and support rehabilitation and replacement projects;
- Work with engineering consultants to develop engineering design plans and specifications and coordinate review by plant staff;
- Facilitate problem solving and provide a high level of communication within the Engineering Division;
- Follow and support all project safety requirements;
- Provide engineering support to construction managers as necessary during the construction phase of projects;
- Provide accurate quantity calculations and project cost estimating;
- Prepare reports and presentations;
- Coordinate with manufacturers and vendors as necessary to support project efforts in planning, design, and construction phases;
- Adjusts workload to assist with emergent problems, and solutions, and provides additional support as needed;
- Effectively support development of projects and engineering design in accordance with LOTT's Engineering Roles and Responsibilities Matrix following various well established phases of a project:
- Planning: assist with project schedule development, assist with SharePoint project site files, review engineering and consultant scopes-of-work;
- Design: Assist with logging and communicating project design items and decisions, Work with Public Communications, assist with scoping needed testing and special consultant support services, assist with specification development, review and proofread plans, assist with permit acquisition, assist with the bid process, assist with pre-bid walks, assist with addenda and review;
- Construction: Review contractor submittals and coordinate comments from staff, assist LOTT construction managers as requested, attend construction meetings, assist with coordination for manufacturer training;
- Closeout: Assist LOTT construction managers with crosscheck of as-built conditions against contractor redlines, support LOTT Contract Manager and construction managers as requested;
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment: Work involves both office and field-work in all areas of the LOTT treatment plant, pumping facilities, and collection system facilities, and remote collection system sites. Ability to walk over uneven terrain on construction sites and all field areas of the collection systems and roadways. Ability to climb stairs and agility to safely navigate uneven terrain and slippery surfaces both indoors and outdoors. May be exposed to a variety of health and safety conditions including toxic chemicals used in treatment process and raw sewage.
- Current principles, practices, methods and techniques of civil engineering, public works, wastewater engineering, utility management, environmental science and related disciplines;
- Current construction methods and material applications, including wastewater systems and facilities and their upgrade, rehabilitation and replacement;
- Standard Specification, specialty specifications related to treatment plants and pipelines;
- Wastewater and construction safety programs and requirement;
- Wastewater treatment methods, theories, and technologies;
- Municipal government operations and utility practices and best management methods;
- Federal and state laws and regulations overseeing wastewater treatment and municipal engineering;
- Engineering standards, methods, and practices specifically for public works and treatment and collection and pumping facilities.
- Excellent technical writing and communications skills.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, other departments and city staff, city officials and the public.
- Proficient research and documentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of all office equipment including personal computers and related software applications, including CAD software.
- Operating a variety of software, including word processing, spreadsheet, databases, and project management applications.
- Oral and written communications including public speaking and presentations;
- Problem solving and finding solutions
- Work from written and/or oral instructions.
- Interpret engineering plans, survey notes and legal descriptions.
- Communicate technical information effectively, either verbally or in writing.
- Complete assigned work quickly and accurately to meet stringent timelines.
- Create and present technical information in data or graphic format.
- Communicate with the public in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Perform complex civil engineering computations, either manually or with the aid of a computer or calculator.
- Perform research and analysis on complex engineering, environmental or water resource issues, and advanced computer modeling.
- Clearly and accurately summarize and portray research information for technical and non-technical audiences.
Experience/Education: Graduation from a four-year college or university with ABET-certified program in civil engineering or closely related field and one or more years of experience relating to the duties of the position. Certification as an Engineer-In-Training by the State of Washington or ability to obtain certification within two years. Wastewater treatment engineering experience is a plus. Additional Requirements: Must possess a valid Driver's License. Must participate in LOTT's Health and Safety Program. **PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION**
Keywords: LOTT Clean Water Alliance, Olympia , Project Engineer, Engineering , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!