Director of Nursing
Company: NVISION Eye Centers
Posted on: February 14, 2020
NVISION Eye Centers has an opening for a part time Director of
Nursing! As the DON, you will manage the day-to-day clinical
activities of the surgery center. The DON is knowledgeable in
peri-operative theory and practice, which provides for and directs
the nursing care of patients within the surgery center. The DON
will assist in all areas of the ASC. Essential Job Duties Include
(but not limited to):
- Providing direct patient care when needed. Ensuring appropriate
breaks and lunches for the staff according to the Dept. of Labor
- Assuring adequate staffing based on the number of surgeries
- Facilitating the smooth flow of patients throughout the surgery
- Anticipating necessary changes in the daily schedule,
collaborating with the Administrator and communicating any changes
to surgeons, anesthesiologists, nursing staff and clerical
- Participates and assists in the hiring, orientation, training
and education of personnel.
- Participates in the evaluation of personnel.
- Works with the Nurse Manager of Compliance and participates in
Quality Improvement, Risk Management, Safety and Infection Control
- Observes and enforces cost containment practices, with
effective utilization of time and materials.
- Shares and performs assigned duties necessary for the Surgery
Center operations i.e. credentialing, ordering supplies, equipment
checks and the overseeing of all contract services.
- Attends Medical, Clinical and various committee, staff meetings
- Follows Medical/Legal policies governing the Surgery Center at
- Maintains and upgrades standards of performance and
- Enforces all HIPPA regulations.
- Oversees the Safety Committee and the evaluation of the safety
of the environment.
- Promotes team building activities and maintains a professional
atmosphere with staff and physicians.
- Protects and safeguards facility property, information systems,
medical records and all confidential records.
- Monthly safety checks and audits. Nursing Support
- Assure that clinical and support staffing levels are capable of
operating in a manner that provides for quality patient care and
maintains necessary fiscal efficiencies.
- Assist and support Education RN to assure the development and
maintenance of proper personnel orientation, training;
- Provide circulating, pre-op and PACU services on an as needed
- Administer approved facility service contracts including but
not limited to anesthesia, biomed, maintenance, pharmacy, and other
- Assist Administrator to assure efficient work schedules;
- Monitor staff working conditions in keeping with health and
disability limitations of staff.
- Assist and support Administration with disciplinary
responsibilities by assuring the intent of the faculties policies,
procedures, and rules and regulations are administered in a fair
- Support the intent of the Center's Medical Staff Bylaws, and
Rules and Regulations. Report infractions or concerns to the
- Maintains a level of security in the facility which promotes
and protects the safety of patients, personnel, and equipment.
- Develop programs that anticipate operational deficiencies and
provide remedial adjustments to assist Risk Management. Materials
- Assist with primary material and capital purchasing
responsibilities including maintaining an adequate inventory and
implementing spending controls based on approved budgets and owners
- Assist with Plant Operations that includes, medical gas
systems, scheduled equipment calibrations, fire and life safety
readiness, and emergency power systems;
- Assure the timely and accurate equipment and instrumentation
needs of the surgeons are maintained on a regular basis that
back-up resources are in place for critical situations, and
- Coordinate staff training on/and orientation to the new
- Assist with enforcement of all facility policies and
procedures. Job requirements:
- Must be licensed to practice nursing in the state of
- BLS required
- Experience in Ophthalmology Preferred, although this is a multi
- This role is part time and anticipated to be 3 days per
Keywords: NVISION Eye Centers, Olympia , Director of Nursing, Executive , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!