Customer Care Manager I (Ops Academy) - Broomfield, CO
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
Lumen is seeking early-career or second-career self-starters who
are self-motivated with high technical aptitude and an interest in
a Network and Telecomm Customer Support role. You will participate
in a robust 6-week training program to jump-start and enable your
success in this role. This rigorous program is designed to develop
tech-savvy individuals in the areas of network operations, IP, and
customer care where you will learn about our technology, networks,
products, processes, and customer service best practices. Customer
Care Mgr 1 is an entry level position within the North America
Acts as the single point of contact and provides highly skilled
customer service for multiple customer accounts typically small to
medium revenue scope or have less complex to moderate product
needs. Proactively manages the customer's needs to ensure the
highest levels of customer satisfaction and exceeding their
expectations. Takes ownership of customer account problems and
coordinates the research and resolution in the areas of order
entry, order validation, service activation, test and turn-up,
customer access group, technical customer account management,
disconnects and billing activities. Ensures complete and accurate
- Provides friendly service and maintains positive relationships
with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our
- Ability to focus and deliver pro-actively in a dynamic,
multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across
- Must demonstrate project management experience in planning and
organizing data from various sources into concise, relevant
- Must have keen attention to detail. Must be self-directed,
understand the requirements and take the initiative to complete
tasks or assignments with little or no direction
- Demonstrated ability to direct the work of other functional
**The Main Responsibilities**
- Owns and manages all customer communications or escalations
pertaining to new install orders. Provides order status and drives
timely resolution on behalf of the customer.
- Actively manages all service activation elements of customer
orders from order entry through service delivery.
- Communicates order status to customers via conference call,
emails and phone calls.
- Addresses customer requests, complaints and issues regarding
their service order and delivery in a timely manner.
- Assists with escalations pertaining to a new customer install or
disconnect, providing customer order status and/or related issues
and drives timely resolution on behalf of the customer.
- Initiates and tracks the timely and accurate moves, adds, changes
and disconnects to the customer's services based on their requests.
Which include but is not limited to reason code collection,
reporting and defining approach for proactively working with the
customer and sales on disconnect related retention efforts.
- May also be provided with a level of authority to provide
customer credits related to disconnect retention efforts to be used
at their discretion.
- Assists as an escalation point with billing research, billing
inquiries and helps identify root cause of billing disputes.
Initiates, develops, and manages action plans to correct and
prevent the reoccurrence of specific dispute types, and has
authority to approve customer credits within established
- Collaborates with customer or portal support team with the
on-boarding and re-boarding (as changes occur) of customers within
the company portal.
- Provides training to customers to drive consistent use of the
company portal. Accountable to ensure that all assigned customers
are portal enabled, including owning and directing the process for
implementing updates of customer information hierarchies within the
**What We Look For in a Candidate**
- Bachelor's Degree or minimum 1-2 years of related experience
- Customer service, problem solving and analytical skills
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Collaboration skills and use a team approach to accomplishing
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience using Computer Systems and Windows-based applications
including word processor, spreadsheet
- Office; Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch;
lift 10 lbs.
- Experience within the telecommunications industry custom
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). -We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on
changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Keywords: Lumen, Olympia , Customer Care Manager I (Ops Academy) - Broomfield, CO, Executive , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!