General Manager Specialist
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Job Number 22190356Job Category Property LeadershipLocation
Western Regional Office, 17872 Gillette Avenue Suite 300, Irvine,
California, United StatesSchedule Full-TimeLocated Remotely?
YRelocation? NPosition Type ManagementJOB SUMMARYMAJOR
FUNCTIONS:The General Manager Specialist has full operational and
financial responsibility for a given hotel for the length of the
assignment. The General Manager Specialist operates any and all
hotel departments according to the Brand Standards and the
directive of the Regional Manager.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume the role of the General Manager at the assigned
- Have a working about assigned hotels Operating, Financial and
Sales and Marketing procedures and goals.
- Complete all General Manager or Department Manager duties at
the given hotel.
- Ensure compliance with QA at the assigned hotel.
- Perform QA self audits at any given hotel.
- Be a Brand Champion; support all Brand and Regional initiatives
with active participation.
- Be an Ambassador for sharing best practices with all the hotels
in the Region.
- Conduct region/area wide training for new initiatives and
current Brand Standards for Operations Managers.
- Participate and support the Regions Specialist Team
initiatives.ESSENTIAL FUNCIONS:Guest Relations
- Provide a model behavior for guest service at the given hotel.
Extend professional courtesy to all guests.
- Support or create SMART Guest Service goals and post
expectations and results visible to all associates.
- Respond to all guest service issues and inquiries in a
professional timely manner.
- Provide Service Training by delivering the Brand specific
Service Training modules.Associate Relations
- Support or create Associate Satisfaction goals of the hotel by
monitoring compliance of the hotels action steps.
- Conduct Associate Satisfaction or Pulse Surveys.
- Support or implement the New Associate Welcome / Orientation
and training process.
- Support or create Operations Managers technical and leadership
skill development plans.
- Ensure Brand Standard Service training compliance.
- Provide Benefits information by using tools available in MyHR
- Support Marriotts Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy
- Conduct weekly Leadership Staff Meetings.Financial and
- Review or create the given hotels financial reports: Budget,
Profit and Loss Statement, Labor Statistics, Distribution Summary,
Food and Beverage Recap, Wage progress and Forecast Reports.
Support current or create financial action steps to achieve the
- Complete or review the given hotels Period End Critique
document. Prepare for and Participate in the Period End Critique
process with the Regional Director, Owner/ Asset Manager.
- Review or create the given hotels compliance with all of the
Marriott Corporate Accounting procedures.
- Review the assigned hotels ADA Plan.
- Review or create the assigned hotels Sales Forecast.
- Monitor the hotels purchases and ensure financial checkbook
accounting compliance.Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
- Represent the assigned hotel in Cluster Revenue and Sales and
- Review the support the given hotels major accounts and current
Sales and Marketing action plan.
- Monitor daily sales strategy; make recommendation to the
Revenue Manager to adjust daily inventory restriction to maximize
- Review and utilize fully the assigned hotels sales
- Have working knowledge to operate the following software:PMS,
MARSHA, Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Have working knowledge to access the following to on-line
information:OnDemand, PeopleSoft, MRDW, Marrpay, Marriott Global
Source, Peoplesoft 8.8, MIFS and Marriott.com
- Produce clear, accurate and well-written documents in
representation of the hotel or the Region/Area.Other
- Comply with Marriotts Travel and Business Expense Reimbursement
Corporate Policy (MIP 44)
- Report Payroll Time Date accurately and promptly to the Payroll
- Provide a written report of accomplishments and follow up plans
and actions to each assigned hotel.
- Create yearly SMART LPP goals that support the Region and the
Brand and monitor compliance.
- Solicit performance comments from visited hotels and
incorporate learning in the personal development plan.Colorado
Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $59,813.00
to $116,236.00 annually.New York City & Westchester County, NY
Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $72,375.00
to $127,863.00 annually.All Locations offer health care benefits,
flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off
(including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability
coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include
incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be
subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period,
contribution, and other requirements and conditions.Marriott
International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in
hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.Marriott International is
the worlds largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and
more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a
great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask,
where will your journey take you?
Keywords: Marriott, Olympia , General Manager Specialist, Executive , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!