Risk Management - Sr. Manager
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to
enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan
servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator
and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education
expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers,
associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When
you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in
the success of each individual. That support comes through in our
work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for
people where they live, learn, and work.
The Senior Risk Management Manager is a newly created position
responsible for the management and oversight of day-to-day Risk
Management programs and functions for Nelnet Bank. This includes
Bank-wide risk assessment, Third Party Risk Management, Issue
Management, and New Products. The position reports directly to the
Bank Chief Risk Officer. Nelnet Bank is an online de novo
industrial loan charter bank, focused on education financing and
regulated by the FDIC and Utah Department of Financial
1. Work closely with the Bank's Chief Risk Officer, as well as the
Nelnet Inc. Risk Management organization and Bank Technology teams,
to ensure the risk management programs and functions are well
designed, prepared to scale for growth and are operating in
compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
2. Direct risk assessment processes across the Bank to ensure risks
are identified, documented, evaluated, and controlled and support
addressing and developing control enhancements or action plans when
3. Oversee Third Party Risk Management functions and coordinate
with the Bank's Parent company to ensure third party risk is
evaluated, monitored, and controlled.
4. Oversee and monitor the Bank's Issue Management Program to
ensure alignment with the Bank's program requirements and work with
business lines to ensure proper management of identified
5. Support the new product process to ensure risk is assessed and
controlled for and that bank requirements are identified and
implemented as needed.
6. Maintain Risk Management policies, risk assessments, and
procedures and manage day-to-day processes.
7. Prepare for and participate in regulatory and internal reviews
8. Oversee first-line of defense testing results and perform or
review second line of defense testing of processes.
9. Other initiatives, special projects, and duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree preferably in related field or 5+ years
1. Financial institutions and online banking
2. Risk management experience including awareness and knowledge of
risk assessment, third party oversight, issue management, and new
product oversight processes.
3. Management reporting and governance and oversight activities
4. Must possess ability to engage others and to work
collaboratively with all departments across the organization
**COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:**
1. Excellent analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
2. Organized, process and detail oriented, and driven toward
3. Ability to motivate and coach others as well as work with
diverse groups across the Bank and the Parent company
4. Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations relating
5. Experience with development of policies and procedures
6. Ability to take direction and then work independently on
multiple issues concurrently, and to exercise independent judgment
in establishing priorities
7. Ability to succeed in a fast pace, heavy workload,
8. Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
9. Excellent oral and written skills
10. Ability to adapt to highly diversified and changing
environment, as well as the dynamics and challenges of a business
11. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA,
generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life
insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program,
employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement,
performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability,
and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our
benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive
Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified
applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during
employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national
origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a
guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran
status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable
accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet
may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting
at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Keywords: Nelnet, Olympia , Risk Management - Sr. Manager, Executive , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!