Medical Director - Psychiatry
Company: CHS Recruiting
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Administrative/CEO opening in Olympia, Washington. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com OPEN POSITION:
- Medical Director, Psychiatry
- 70% Clinical, 30% Administrative
- Monday through Friday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
- On-Call Duties Described Below
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $250,000+ Base Salary, dependent upon experience
- $35,000+ Annual Bonus Potential
- Additional RVU-Based Bonus Structure
- Sign-On Bonus
- up to $15,000 Relocation Assistance
- Malpractice w/ Tail
- 30+ Days Paid Time Off
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD Insurance
- $4,000 Annual CME Stipend + 10 Days Paid Time Off
- Membership/Association Dues Reimbursed
- License/DEA Fees Reimbursed
- Retirement Plan
This large, regional, non-profit healthcare organization provides a full range of medical services to patients through their affiliated hospitals, physician group practices, home health, and more. This position is a leadership role within the behavioral health component of their Olympia organization. This group currently includes 6 physicians and 2 mid-level psychiatric providers, as well as 1 psychiatric RN and several support team members.
The Psychiatry Medical Director will provide leadership and support to all areas of behavioral health, working in both the inpatient and outpatient settings, including the chemical dependency center.
This position is 30% administrative and 70% clinical.
The Medical Director's schedule will typically be divided between mornings in the hospital (9:00am to 12:00pm) and afternoons in the hospital-based clinic (12:30pm to 5:00pm).
Administrative duties include, but are not limited to:
- provider/employee performance evaluations
- provider scheduling coordination
- attending staff meetings
- participating in behavioral health projects and strategic planning
- policy review
- supervising ARNPs, physicians, and pharmacy residents
The clinical work is with a 100% adult population - approximately 60% outpatient and 40% inpatient.
The Medical Director will see an average of 2 patients per day in the clinic and a variable number of patients in the hospital, where the typical census is 2 patients in the acute psychiatric unit. The practice allots 30 minutes for a follow-up visit and 1 hour for a new patient; these appointment times are flexible.
The health system takes stringent safety precautions, including alarm camera systems, on-site security, and a connection to the local police department.
Ample support, resources, and clinical assistants are always available.
The practice utilizes the Epic EHR in all settings.
On-call is 5 evenings per month from 4:30pm to 8:00am.
- Washington medical license
- Board Certified, Psychiatry
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Jenn Kunkel at or call .
Please visit for a complete list of available positions through CHS Recruiting.
Keywords: CHS Recruiting, Olympia , Medical Director - Psychiatry, Executive , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!