Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Float Pool
Company: Prestige Care, Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Join our Eastern Washington team! We offer per-diem shifts AND 1-2
month assignments in our Skilled Nursing Facilities in Washington
with the option to travel. All through one company - with ONE set
Provides quality nursing care to residents; implements specific
procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as
well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to
the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for
information; assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment
which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and
their individuality while providing individualized attention and
encouraging residents to maintain or attain the highest practical
physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being. Answers residents
call lights promptly and courteously.
* Ensuring that individualized care plans are followed by providing
the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific
information, changes and observations of the residents needs /
* Attends to the individual needs of residents including assistance
with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care,
toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring,
ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in
keeping with the individuals care plan requirements.
* Provides care that maintains each resident s skin integrity to
prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears plus other damage by changing
incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents,
and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
* Protects the personal belongings of each resident including
eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing,
memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to
* Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including
vital signs, residents weights, applying creams/ointments,
collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving, and transporting
residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for
* Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or
other information in keeping with department policies while
performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed
safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand
washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper
disposal of soiled materials
* Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the
resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors
* Attends and participates in resident activities and the execution
of the Expressions of My Life programming for Expressions memory
* Incorporates the Life Story and 100 Things About Me information
into routine tasks and ADL s for Expression memory care
* Responsible for following universal precautions and safe work
practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management,
and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions,
equipment repair and maintenance needs.
* Compliant with current law and policy to provide a work
environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and
* Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable
attendance, dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work
duties as assigned
* Cooperates and works together with all co-workers, planning and
completing job duties with minimal supervisory direction, utilizing
* Other duties as assigned
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents,
residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to
the residents and Prestige employees.
* Ensure Residents safety by adhering to all Prestige policies and
procedures. Maintains a safe and secure working environment and
practices safe working habits. Adheres to Prestige policies and
procedures including attendance policy.
* Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene, and appropriate
work attire. Assists with special projects as assigned and performs
other job related duties.
A minimum of three months prior nursing assistant experience in
long-term care preferred. Must be able to perform essential
functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must hold current
Certification in State in which services are delivered or be
eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment.
Basic knowledge and skills utilizing care tracking systems.
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
KEYWORDS: LPN, RN, registered nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed
Practical Nurse, Licensed Practicing Nurse, float pool, float
nurse, Travel Nurse, Travel Nursing, travel nurse, nursing, new
grad nurse, C.N.A., certified nursing assistant, nursing assistant,
nursingassistant, caregiver, travel RN, travel Registered Nurse
Keywords: Prestige Care, Inc, Olympia , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Float Pool, Healthcare , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!