Medical Case Manager Care Coordinator 942779
Company: Pathways of Washington State
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Medical Case Manager Care Coordinator
Looking to do meaningful work helping others in the community as a
Medical Case Manager Care Coordinator?
Pathways one of the largest national providers of accessible,
outcome-based behavioral and mental health services, is in search
of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded Medical Case Manager Care
Coordinator to join our team in Washington.
For your passion and dedication, we offer paid training, career
advancement opportunities, medical/dental/vision, PTO, paid
holidays, flexible part time or full time flexible schedule and
much, much more (read below)! We realize that your growth is
paramount to our continued reputation of quality and service
excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day one!
About your Role:
Functions as the primary Medical Case Manager Care Coordinator for
Health Homes high cost/high risk clients, providing intensive
Health Home Care Coordination using the following defined
- Administer clinical assessments of depression alcohol and
substance abuse, pain and functional impairments.
- Ensure continuity of care and coordination through in-person
visits and accompanying clients to their health provider
appointments as needed
- Administer readiness assessments to determine client readiness
for self-management and promote self-management skills so the
client is better able to engage with health and service
- Support the achievement of self-directed-individualized goals
to attain recovery, improve health status and slow declines in
- Foster communication between providers and provider networks to
include the primary care provider, medical specialists and those
authorizing behavioral and long term supports and services.
- Promote optimal clinical outcomes, develop strategies with
client to meet goals through measurable objectives and document
this information in the Health Action Plan
- Provide health education and coaching to assist the client to
increase self-management skills and improve health outcomes
- Help the client use peer supports, support groups and self-care
programs in order to increase the clients knowledge about their
health care conditions and improve adherence to prescribed
treatments Perform low-level Health Home Coordination functions by
performing the following defined activities:
- Maintain the clients self-management skills with periodic home
visits and phone calls to reassess health care needs.
- Trigger high intensity care coordination activities if the
client has increased ER use, hospital admissions and
- Make appropriate client and family referrals
- Attend lead Health Home cross training sessions to include
resource information reviews
- Attend and participate in Health Home webinars between across
system Care Coordinators
- Document client encounters activities and ensure proper record
- Assist clients in implementing their plan of care by
facilitating access to and providing community resource linkage and
managing the process to include monitoring effectiveness of support
services including both client and provider participation Does the
Following Apply to You?
- Bachelor Degree in human services, social services or related
field or a two-year technical certificate in Nursing or a DOH
Certified Chemical Dependency Professional
- In addition to the above formal education and training needs,
Care Coordinators must have an additional two years of service
working in a nursing, health care, behavioral health or human
services capacity. This work can be paid or volunteer, or a
combination of both.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check that is
free of any disqualifying crimes as determined by Washington
Administrative Codes related to unsupervised access when working
with children, vulnerable elders and disabled adults
- Proof of: Valid Washington drivers license, car insurance as
well as proof of education are required
- Bilingual-Spanish speaking is a plus Perks at Pathways of
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks @ Pathways- discounts on nationwide travel, shopping,
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans including a Health Savings
Account, Pet Insurance
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or
- 401 K Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement!
If you're #readytowork Pathways of Washington is #readytohire!
Not the job you're looking for? Pathways of Washington has a
variety of positions in various locations; please go to to find
other positions near you.
To learn more about Pathways of Washington and our programs, please
Pathways or any of its subsidiaries, does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
law. Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free
Pathways is compliant with the Washington State COVID Mandates. We
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By submitting your interest in this job, you agree to receive text
notifications with additional steps to complete your job
application. You will receive up to 6 messages from the number
"63879". Message & data rates may apply. Please refer to our
Keywords: Pathways of Washington State, Olympia , Medical Case Manager Care Coordinator 942779, Healthcare , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!