Starbucks Retail Services Supervisor
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Starbucks Retail Services
Supervisor (1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week Variable Shift) to
Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA. Apply Today!
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some
additional questions from our Modern Hire system. This job
contributes to creating the Starbucks Experience for customers by
assisting the Manager in executing store operations, ensuring
quality customer service, and delegating tasks. Ensures that
customers receive prompt service, quality beverages and products.
Maintains a clean and comfortable store environment. Assists with
ordering supplies and taking inventory of needed product. Oversees
and performs daily floor cleaning and environmental upkeep of store
and backroom, and unloads Starbucks product. Models and acts in
accordance with Starbucks and Providence guiding principles.
Responsible for monitoring compliance with established policies and
procedures as well as handling employee development, counseling,
training and performance evaluation in accordance with Providence
standards. Assists store manager with additional store functions as
needed. In this position you will have the following
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the
culture, values and mission of Starbucks and Providence. Maintains
a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to
keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for
the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating
environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to
manager so the team can respond as necessary to build a community
sharing place for patients, visitors and staff.
- Assists with new staff training by positively reinforcing
successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging
coaching as needed. Provides clear, specific and timely performance
feedback to employees and store manager.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing changes
in staff morale and performance and communicating them to the store
- Delivers customer service to all customers by acting with a
"customer comes first" attitude and connecting with the customer.
Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Sets the standard for modeling quality customer service and
anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating
environment for cues.
- Develops positive relationships with team and addresses
individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes
opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follows Starbucks and Providence operational policies and
procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and
security, to ensure the safety of all staff during each shift.
- Ensures a clean and organized workspace so that staff can
locate resources and product as needed.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines issued by
state and federal agencies for handling all products.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products
consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and
- Educates and informs customers about the differences among
coffee beans and coffee preparation.
- Demonstrates service with CARE:
- C = Connect (smile, make brief, direct eye contact, greet the
- A = Anticipate (notice guests who appear confused or in need of
assistance, offer to help before being asked).
- R = Respond (use positive, helpful language, ask questions to
clarify daily tasks, use appropriate words and phrases, do not use
- E = Engage (thank the guest/customer, smile, use a signature
statement to end the interaction).
- Responds to and resolves complaints as directed by department
- Completes all duties with minimal supervision.
- Minimizes waste and maintains cost awareness while performing
duties. Utilizes the waste system to capture all food-related
waste. Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from a college or
technical school or equivalent educ/experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 1 year of food service experience.
- Current State of Washington Food and Beverage Service Worker's
Permit required. Preferred qualifications for this position
- Food Safety or HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
training. About the hospital you will serve: Providence St. Peter
Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital.
Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive
rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services.
We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of
10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently
achieved the coveted Magnet" recognition from the American Nurses
Credentialing Center. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much
of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that
maintain a healing environment for patients and staff. About
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know
me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P357378 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Customer Service Job
Function: Administration Schedule: Full time Shift: Variable Career
Track: Leadership Department: 3030 NON PATIENT FOOD SERVICES WA
PSPH OLYMPIA MAIN 1ST FLOOR MAIN ENTRY Address: WA Olympia 413
Lilly Rd NE Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Olympia , Starbucks Retail Services Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!