Software Developer - UI/UX Web GIS API
Posted on: May 5, 2020
Are you passionate about making good software? So are we! In the
past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making GIS
accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all
platforms and devices. We are dedicated to continually pushing the
boundaries of Web GIS, and you can play a key role in our mission.
At Esri, we lead the development of the core Web GIS technologies:
software engineers to design and implement new UI components in our
- Design and implement new UI components for the ArcGIS API for
Mapping Controls, Navigation Controls, Analysis Tools.
- Ensure Components meet Accessibility, Internationalization, and
- Assume a leading role in the public API design and
- Advise in matters of software architecture and
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as
test automation, modularization, simplification
- Evolve and maintain our build process, test automation
infrastructure, and other custom tooling
- Interact with users to identify and articulate their
- Research and apply state-of-the-art UX practices
- 2+ years of practical experience in software
- Excellent programming skills in a modern programming
- Strong background in software design and architecture
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent
releases and tight schedules
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering,
mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with virtual DOM or reactive UI pattens
- Experience with CSS post-processing
- Experience with Accessibility
- Experience with Internationalization
- Experience with API design
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies
The CompanyOur passion for improving quality of life through
geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic
information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables
governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money,
lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the
changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is
uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we
offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and
profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and
professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail
Keywords: Esri, Olympia , Software Developer - UI/UX Web GIS API, IT / Software / Systems , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!