Engineer II, Field Service - Seattle, WA
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: August 28, 2020
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.How will you make an impact?The Field
Service Engineer (FSE) performs customer installs, repairs and
preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments in assigned
territory. The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve
technical problems and identify areas to improve their work. The
FSE also looks for opportunities to increase revenue by providing
additional services to the customer. This job is located in the
Seattle, WA area.What will you do?
- Provides onsite installation of instruments, upgrades, updates,
repairs, and planned maintenance service.
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and
technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves specified revenue targets while satisfying customer
from instrument repair, installs and PM's.
- Achieves customer satisfaction (CAS) targets as specified
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service
contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues
and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service
Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR) and Field
Service Report (FSR) submissions.
- Is familiar with and follow policies that pertain to the
handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count,
car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation Products at customer
- Maintains their technical competency level servicing new
instrument and problems by attending trainings, staff meetings and
remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and
- Manages travel expenses and follows Thermo Fisher Scientific
travel policies and guidelines.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
and/or assigned.How will you get here?Education
- Requires a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering,
microbiology, biology, chemistry, or an engineering
field.Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience in a related science, biomedical engineering and/or
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next
- Requires minimal oversight
- Participates as a positive influence to the team
- Quickly adapts to change with positive and constructive
- Must possess a valid driver's licensePreferred Qualifications:
- Masters level degree
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostic and/or other regulated
environment (CAP, CLIA, FDA).
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and
- Experience in related product applications and
instruments.Working Conditions:Frequent travel to customer sites is
required and ranges from 25-75% of work time. Works in both home
office, as well as in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift
up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time
while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals
and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime, and
flexible shifts with the possibility of weekend/holiday on call
rotations.Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in
serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our
Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life
sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving
patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in
their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of
more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Olympia , Engineer II, Field Service - Seattle, WA, IT / Software / Systems , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!