Senior Software Engineer
Company: Public Consulting Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 7, 2018
At Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group, we are passionate about our mission to be the provider of choice of comprehensive financial management for participant-directed services in the public sector. Our vision is people exercising choice and control of publicly-funded long term services and supports. Established in 1999, we partner with state and local agencies in 24 states to provide financial management services for participant-directed programs. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed client expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference by supporting an innovative service model (learn more at **************************). Responsibilities
The Software Engineer will participate in the design, development, testing and documentation of software systems.
- Plans, develops, tests, documents, and implements software according to specifications and industry best practices.
- Convert functional specifications into technical specifications suitable for code development.
- Work with Delivery Manager to evaluate user's requests for new or modified computer programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Follow coding and documentation standards. Participate in code review process.
- Collaborate with End Users to Troubleshoot IT Questions and Generate Reports
- Analyzes, reviews and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Understand Special Education and Response to Intervention models.
- Implement complex Reports.
- Implement complex Interfaces.
- Configure & deploy applications in all environments
- Provide necessary knowledge transfer to support and services organizations
- Continuously look for ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency allowing us to provide a higher quality product in less time.
- Provide technical assistance to less experienced team members; shares expertise throughout the organization and may provide user training.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Authors technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations when necessary.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the -art computer technology, equipment and systems; participates in professional development activities as necessary.
- 6+ years experience with some combination of *******, SQL Server and C#
- Navision experience strongly preferred
- System/application design, web and client-server technology
- Excellent communication skills, experience working with non-technical staff to understand requirements necessary
- Working knowledge of object-oriented language
- Experience with Reporting tools
- Exposure to automated testing, especially test-driven development, a huge plus
- Thorough understanding of application development methodologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of business strategy
- Presentation skills
- Project Management skills
- Quality Management skills
- Process implementation and improvement
Education: Relevant Bachelor's degree required with a Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Systems major preferred.
Experience: 6+ years of relevant experience preferred. Strong technical documentation skills. Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of current trends and technical advancements. Demonstrated understanding of the software product development life-cycle and continuous integration
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-3503
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Public Consulting Group, Inc.
Our commitment to our clients flows from our commitment to our staff. We focus our business endeavors on the public sector because we value the missions and constituents which government agencies serve, and core to our business is the fundamental tenet that all people matter. At PCG, diversity is valued and inclusion is an expectation. We want our teams to reflect the communities we serve and are committed to hiring, retaining, and promoting a diverse staff. This ensures a variety of viewpoints are included in our project work, enhancing not only the culture in our offices around the world, but also improving the level of service we provide to our clients. Contact Info
- Olympia, WA
View Company Profile
Don't miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Keywords: Public Consulting Group, Inc., Olympia , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!