Senior Site Specialist
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 15, 2020
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you?ll be part of a
smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and
discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment
in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and
opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for Unity
Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function
could include the portfolio of services provided including:
inventory management, shipping/receiving, order entry, order
management, operating customer systems, stockroom services, and
material handling. The main focus of this role is to provide
inventory and logistical management. This position is 40 hours per
week, Monday-Friday on site at our customer's location in Seattle
WA.What will you do:Shipping / Receiving
- Shipments, including packing of samples, dangerous goods and
palletized freight, domestic and international
- Receiving, unloading and processing of incoming packages
- Deliver inbound packages/freight to various locations
throughout site including desktop delivery
- Work with end-user to coordinate shipments and deliveries
- Follow procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP?s & Work
- Take direction from Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead regarding
- Maintain Shipping and Receiving supplies
- Strong attention to detail in safety protocolsInventory
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and follow
direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock
rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer
and program requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Metrics reporting and creationSourcing/Order Management:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call
resolution, return goods authorization, processing of
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution,
executing 3rd party & agent buysCross-Training:
- May assist in the cross training of associates and the training
of new hires
- Cross-train in and provide coverage for additional ULS services
when necessary, including but not limited to Glassware, Media Prep,
- Support the Quality Management System by: Development,
maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions,
standard operating procedures (SOP?s) in fulfillment of the
requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations
of our interested parties (internal / external). Identify and
report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality
function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training
requirements within defined deadlines
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times
throughout customer locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Capture monthly metrics as determined by
- Working knowledge of FedEx, UPS, and USPS shipping systems
- Strong shipping experience, domestic and international,
- Hazardous material handling
- 49 CFR/IATA certificationHow will you get here?
?High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 2-3 years of progressive relevant experience preferred
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics? Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Experience with inventory management software
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Ability to establish and foster positive customer
- Strong communication skills and proactive approach in all
- Demonstrate expertise in the ability to identify inefficiencies
in any process and make recommendations for improvement
- Ability to instantly adapt to change
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing work
- Good time management and organizational skillsWorking
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to
include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks,
stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- Required to work independently within customer location
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Extenstive walking
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently;
may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push
carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment
may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask,
hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require safety shoes, bump hats, safety glasses or
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job doneAt
Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission?enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Olympia , Senior Site Specialist, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!