RN - Oncology
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Providence is calling an experienced Registered Nurse (0.9 FTE,
Night Shift) to the Oncology Unit at Providence St. Peter Hospital
in Olympia, Washington.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive
nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable
for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic,
evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on
individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and
appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in
accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment,
the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses,
and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and
specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific
onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care
to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote
the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing,
and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for
safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture
of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and
evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and
collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional
care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree
in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher
within 3 years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to
obtain a BSN
- Active Washington state RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card
must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American
Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military
Training Network (MTN) upon hire.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the
patient population similar to department of hire or completion of
the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit
regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter
offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and
behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top
100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the
nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet" recognition
from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our hospital rests
on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and
preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Olympia , RN - Oncology, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!