Laboratory Revenue Specialist
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Laboratory Revenue Specialist (1.0 FTE,
Day Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA
In this position you will:
- Review, audit and add blood bank charges: Exhibits a complete
understanding of transfusions services charging requirements and
completes this task daily
- Correctly determines when and what modifier is appropriate for
the testing: Charges are posted on the correct patient accounts for
the service provided.
- Take responsibility to ensure that all billing for
miscellaneous testing is completed in a timely fashion: Completes
all miscellaneous charging within the required limit by One Revenue
- Audit and reconcile reference lab and Cellnetix charges: Review
monthly bills to assure accuracy
- Review Chargemaster annually for CPT code updates: CPT updates
completed in Nov. for new year.
- Review reimbursements and denials: Work with contacts in ORC to
review and find solutions
- Quantify write-offs: Report monthly what is not getting billed
and the reasons
- Validate charges in EPic: review all changes made on tests to
assure billing is correct.
- Complete CCI edits: Performaed accurately within expected
- Input late charges timely: Develop process and reports to help
minimize unbilled late charges.
- Monitor and report charge capture and reimbursement status:
Monthly dashboard to be reported monthly.
- Quality Assurace and Quality Improvement: Maintains ongoing and
overall quality of the billing process, relative to meeting
patients and customer's needs.
- Regulatory Activities: Collaborates with Nursing Service and
other departments where POC testing occurs to ensure billing
compliance with all standards and regulations.
- Technical Activities:Provides expertise and support.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in business administration, healthcare
administration, laboratory science or related field, or equivalent
- Laboratory experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, healthcare
administration, laboratory science or related field
- 3 years in medical billing or coding experience
- MT/CLS Certified or MLT Certified
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit
regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter
offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and
behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top
100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the
nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet" recognition
from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our hospital rests
on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and
preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Olympia , Laboratory Revenue Specialist, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!