Health is looking for a Speech Therapist (Part-Time) to join the
team in Olympia!
The Speech Therapist in Home Health
is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care
needs related to treating speech and language disorders, and
functional training in communication, swallowing, and cognitive
impairments. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Speech
Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan, performs
interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient's
well-being, and evaluates the patient's progress.
Assured Home Health,
a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for
hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and
hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services,
we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients
to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping
LHC Group has received a A+ Culture score
and won the following awards: 2021 Best Teams/Sales, 2021 Best
Teams/Operations, 2021 Best Company/Outlook, 2020 Best Company for
Women and 2020 Best Company Culture.
LHC Group is a national Home Health
organization with over 800 agencies with 28,000 employees in 37
Providing excellent benefits: medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, HSA/FSA, 401K, short term & long
term disability, tuition reimbursement, PTO and continuing
Our positions offers flexible
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Evaluates the patient's level of function by applying
diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests. Assists the
physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Treats patients to communicate effectively by expressing
thoughts according to the patient's condition using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the
- Instructs the patient, the family and/or caregiver and other
members of the health care team in areas of speech therapy in which
they can participate.
- Visits patient according to plan of treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the ST plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-services to agency staff upon request of
- Sends the supervising nurse and/or the physician a written
summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of
services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Must be currently licensed in Speech Therapy in the state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Opportunity Employer – vets, disability.