Sterile Processing Technician
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Providence is calling a Sterile Processing Technician (1.0 FTE,
40 hours per week Evenings) to work in Sterile Processing at
Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
The Technician in Sterile Processing is responsible for
cleaning, maintenance and sterilization of instruments, processing
case carts and sterile storage of items in sterile processing. The
Sterile Processing Technician will orient all staff to the Sterile
In this position you will:
- Decontamination of surgical instruments and medical
- Demonstrate ability to use appropriate cleaning solutions for
removal of bio-burden from instruments.
- Demonstrates the ability to distinguish immersible and
non-immersible instrumentation and appropriate cycle for mechanical
Utilize BSI when cleaning instrumentation.
- Prepare instrumentation for sterilization.
- Report broken and malfunctioning equipment.
- Check instruments for sharpness, functionality and
- Assemble instrument sets as instructed on count sheet.
Document missing instruments.
- Assure steam sterilization and cold chemical sterilization
procedures produce sterile instrumentation.
- Identify the parameters / cycle and sterilization method
required for each item to be sterilized.
- Check Biological tests for steam, paracetic acid, and plasma
hydrogen peroxide sterilization methods.
- Record load identification numbers and items sterilized.
- Check and validate parameters of sterilization cycle.
Process and record biological tests for all implantable items
and routine biological testing.
- Pick case carts for surgical procedures.
- Match the scheduled surgery case with the Physician Preference
- Pick the items necessary to complete the case cart.
- Search and replace items that are missing from the case
Communicate to OR room staff if items cannot be replaced or are
- Acquire sterile items and equipment needed during the case for
all the operating rooms.
- Sterilize non-sterile items.
- Identify and locate all instrumentation, supplies, and
equipment utilized in the Operating room (OR).
- Demonstrates ability to practice aseptic technique in
Required qualification for this position include:
- Graduate of approved Central Service Technician Course or 1
year of hospital sterile processing experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit
regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter
offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and
behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top
100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the
nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet" recognition
from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our hospital rests
on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and
preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Olympia , Sterile Processing Technician, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!