Utility Systems Technician
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Providence is calling a Utility Systems Technician (1.0 FTE, 40
hours per week Day Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
We are seeking a Utility Systems Technician to perform a variety
of preventive maintenance, troubleshooting duties and/or
installation of HVAC, electrical, security / fire alarm and/or
control systems for both St Peter Hospital and off-site
In this position you will:
- Preventive maintenance, inspections, testing and repair of
HVAC, fire alarm, electrical distribution, electrical
and control systems:
- Recommends and implements preventive maintenance
- Troubleshoots and resolves system and equipment failures and
- Performs risk assessments and implements any necessary Interim
Life Safety Measures.
- Maintains documentation required for regulatory licensing and
accreditation to meet compliance window reporting.
- Performs other maintenance duties:
- Maintains records of equipment maintenance and repair history
in accordance with Department policy. Maintains
refrigerant-use records in accordance with EPA requirements.
- Performs or supports approved HVAC, fire alarm and electrical
system installations or modifications.
- Maintains current documentation of HVAC, fire alarm / security
and electrical systems (updates inventory as systems
change, updates control system graphics and maintains operating
/ maintenance information and service manuals).
- Recommends stock of critical spare parts necessary for rapid
response and continued system operations
- Performs proactive HVAC system air (air exchange, comfort and
pressure control) and water balance adjusting and
- testing for air systems serving critical care areas as
necessary to ensure regulatory compliance and efficient system
- Assists with new systems commissioning activities.
- Develops and implements energy conservation measures for HVAC,
electrical and control systems.
- Assists with owner design input for infrastructure
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in providing training
according to department protocols and operations for building
systems for Plant and Maintenance staff as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to verbalize health and
- Works in accordance with organizational and regulatory
requirements for health and safety. i.e. Lock Out-Tag Out
- Demonstrates ability to work with patients, staff, leadership
and clients of various ages' groups.
- Considers patient, manager/client background and work history
to effectuate positive work experience/relationship.
- Responds appropriately according to age related needs and
- Maintains safe work environment respective to age related
population of the unit.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Three (3) years experience and working knowledge of commercial
ventilation systems, emergency power generation, electrical
distribution, chillers, hydronic systems and control/low voltage
- Recognized journeyman trade status, OR EL O1 unrestricted
electrical license based on Washington State requirements OR
Boiler license OR NICET Fire Alarm Certification OR Medical Gas
6040 Certification OR Refrigeration license.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with Siemens Building System-Apogee.
- Experience with HVAC air and hydronic balancing.
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting simplex fire alarm
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Experience with operating, testing and troubleshooting of
emergency generators and transfer switches.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit
regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter
offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and
behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top
100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the
nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet" recognition
from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our hospital rests
on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and
preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Olympia , Utility Systems Technician, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!