DSHS FFA Laundry Worker
Company: State of Washington
Posted on: June 6, 2021
DSHS FFA Laundry Worker 3
If you have knowledge of commercial laundry processes and a work
history showing team commitment and job accomplishment, this is the
perfect opportunity for you. The Department of Social and Health
Services, Maintenance & Operations Division, is seeking a Laundry
Worker Supervisor to join their team in Medical Lake,
Some of what you'll do:
- Supervise and train employees in laundry operations.
- Interview and recommends selection of applicants, and trains
- Assign and schedule work, acts upon leave requests, conducts
annual performance evaluations and recommends disciplinary
- Prepares bleaching, starching, blueing and sterilizing
- Operates and maintains washing machines, extractors, mangles
- Reports potential or actual equipment malfunctions.
- Counts, marks, sorts, folds, bundles and ties laundry; arranges
for its distribution.
- Maintains record of supplies used and on hand; requisitions
supplies and equipment parts.
- Performs other work as required.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to supervise and train employees
- Skilled in operating and maintaining laundry equipment
- Knowledge of large-scale laundry practices, procedures and
- Ability to maintain records; prepare reports and follow written
and oral instructions.
Who should apply?
Applicants with One year of experience in institution or
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact Ebony Ware at
email@example.com and reference job number 05202.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal
record history may be conducted. Information from the background
check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be
considered in determining the applicant's suitability and
competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to
fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must
have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned
vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the
privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of
employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital
status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs,
political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged
veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran
status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or
the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a
disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons
requiring accommodation in the application process or this job
announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at
(360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call
through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department
of Homeland Security.
Keywords: State of Washington, Olympia , DSHS FFA Laundry Worker, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!