Plastic Manufacturing Maintenance Tech
Company: Advanced Drainage Systems
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc
(ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic
corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water
management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products
and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of
end markets and applications, including residential,
non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We
have established a leading position in many of these end markets by
leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall
product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence.
Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63
manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we
became a public company traded on the NYSE. To enable our continued
growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic
Summary: Performs the preventive and reactive maintenance duties
required for the manufacturing operations of the plant. Priorities
of the Maintenance Technician include the execution of PM
schedules, repair of any equipment that is needed to maintain
maximum production rates and maintenance of an adequate spare parts
inventory. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours
per week, weekends as required and fulfill on-call duties for
repairs and assistance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:The responsibilities of this
position include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on machines and their controls
(extruders, corrugators, extrusion die, DC /AC motor & drives,
downstream equipment, chillers & etc.).
- Maintain and build job skills through company training
- Contact, specify, and order replacement parts & control
components from supplier as needed.
- Effectively contribute to CMMS performance through timely PM &
Repair Work Order completion while ensuring compliance.
- 1st responder to troubleshooting machine problems, contact
Electrical Engineering if additional support is needed.
- Support Daily Management directives and initiatives.
- Help develop and implement Continuous Improvement projects to
improve production efficiencies and Safety.
- Work with Production Staff to ensure the safe and reliable
operation of plant equipment.
Job Skills:This position should possess the following
- Experience using Electrical Test equipment: Voltmeter, Ammeter,
ohm meter, Megger & etc.
- Understanding basic machine function and Sequence of Operations
of production machinery.
- Experienced in reading Electrical, pneumatics and mechanical
- Knowledge of NEC, UL508A and NFPA 79 codes.
- Lock Out Tag Out Safety procedures.
- Arc Flash and PPE Requirements
- Strong industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing and
pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
- Strong leadership ability with time management and task
- Strong in electrical formulas and mechanical math.
- Knowledge of 3 Phase Industrial wiring and power
- AC & DC Drive / Motor PMs, wiring, programming &
- Troubleshoot PLC I/O and networking.
- Motion Training with Servo Drives and Motors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and
communicate to other plant personnel as well as company resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Advanced Drainage Systems, Olympia , Plastic Manufacturing Maintenance Tech, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!