Office Support Supervisor 1
This is a Full-time, Permanent, Represented position.
Want to join something GREAT and make a difference?
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has an exciting
opportunity within our Northeast Region. The Northeast Region has
an exciting front office supervisory opportunity available in
beautiful Colville, Washington. Front desk team members are the
face of our organization and provide outstanding customer service
to anyone inquiring about recreational opportunities, firewood
cutting, landowner assistance and burning regulations.
This position is part of a fast-paced, ever-changing work
environment. You will be expected to provide a friendly greeting to
callers and visitors, provide specialized administrative support
and manage complex projects assuring policy compliance and
timelines are met. This position supervises an Office Assistant and
routinely performs tasks for the Region Business Operations Group,
such as accepting payments, preparing the daily cash journal,
ordering supplies, and processing incoming and outgoing
- Supervises the reception unit and acts as a backup for office
- Public disclosure and records retention coordination for the
- Interprets rules, policies, and procedures, develops and
implements program procedures with supervisor approval.
- Apply knowledge of specialized office procedures and
- Technical account management and reporting.
- Inventory entry, reporting, and transferring using Asset
- Payment receipt and entry.
- Provides customer service by explaining complex agency rules
and policies or making recommendations.
- Region SharePoint Administrator.
- 5 years of experience with using computer programs such as:
Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel (2 years experience in a
- Experience applying Accounts Receivable principles.
- 2 years of lead work experience.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 15 credit hours of
Our ideal candidate will also have the qualifications listed
- Advanced experience level of computer applications (such
Microsoft Office and email).
- Sharepoint Administrator experience.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience following government agency policy, regulations,
Collective Bargaining Agreements and procedures.
- Knowledge of WA DNR programs and mission.
One of the world's most scenic places, Washington State offers
breathtaking discoveries for people who love natural beauty and
outdoor recreation, from the Pacific Coast shores to the rugged
Cascade Mountains to the rolling hills of the Palouse. Your office
will be located in Colville. For more information on this area
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, telework (mobile-work) is expected
for most office activities. When approved to return, staff are
expected to report to their assigned duty station for work
activities or may be approved for telework based on DNR's telework
About the Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Our mission is to manage, sustain, and protect the health and
productivity of Washington's lands and waters to meet the needs
economically and socially for current and future generations. At
DNR we approach our work through the lens of making Washington a
better place environmentally and are dedicated to serving
Washington's lands and communities through diversity, equity and
inclusion. With nearly 1,500 employees in locations throughout
Washington, we manage and protect more than 5 million acres of
state-owned forest, range, commercial, agricultural and aquatic
DNR provides excellent benefits, a few of those include:
- Commitment to organizational health and wellness
- Work/life balance
- DNR Employee Resource Groups (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Council, Women's Employee Resource Group, Veterans Employee
Resource Group, etc.)
- Statewide Employee Business Resource Groups, visit here to
- Leadership that empowers and supports employees
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational and career development aid
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility
- Opportunities to participate in wildland fire suppression
- A comprehensive benefit package that includes employer
contributions toward health insurance, paid holidays, retirement
plans, sick leave and vacation days. Visit http://careers.wa.gov/benefits.html
for more information.
How to Apply:
To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov
(Click on the APPLY button above). You must complete the entire
online application to be considered for the position.
Once you submit your online application, you can check your
status by logging into your account. If you experience technical
difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application
call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and
qualifications relate to the position profile and the position
required, desired and special requirements.
- Attach a resume describing your experience and
- Provide three to five professional references - you may attach
a document, use the References text field in the online
application, or include with resume.
- Complete all supplemental questions.
This recruitment may be extended and may also be used to fill
future similar vacancies for up to sixty (60) days.
Veterans wishing to claim Veteran's preference please attach a
copy of your DD-214, NGB-22 or other verification of military
service. Please black out your social security number prior to
attaching. We thank you and are grateful for your
Persons needing accommodation during the screening process or
this announcement in an alternative format may contact DNR
Recruiting staff at (360) 522-2500 or (360) 522-0143 or by email at
DNRrecruiting@dnr.wa.gov. Those with a hearing impairment in
need of accommodation are encouraged to contact the Washington
State Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 1-800-833-6388 or
DNR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Check us out on: DNR's website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
| YouTube | WordPress
Questions? Please contact Trisha George at 509-684-7474,
Trisha.George@dnr.wa.gov or e-mail us at