CNA - Orthopedics
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) (0.9
FTE, Night Shift) to work in Orthopedics Department at Providence
St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
The Certified Nurse Assistant provides nursing care, respiratory
care, splinting, and patient support services in a hospital unit
under the direction of the Clinical Manager.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrates application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in
the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and
family education areas based on PSPH age specific care competency
- Takes and records vital signs; height; weight; food and fluid
intake and output; and finger sticks for blood sugar checks; report
- Recognizes and reports abnormal signs and symptoms, maintains a
safe environment for patients.
- Bathes, dresses, and feed patients; respond to call
- Assists with communication and reports patients' concerns.
- Orients patients to rooms, unit routines and any equipment
necessary for care (call lights, plexipulses, etc.).
- Valid State of Washington Nursing Assistant Certification
- American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Basic Life Support
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) months working as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a
healthcare setting, long-term care or similar environment
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit
regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter
offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and
behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top
100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the
nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet" recognition
from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our hospital rests
on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and
preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Olympia , CNA - Orthopedics, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!