IT Data Management - Journey (ITDM/ETS)
- Please Note: This position is open until filled. Application
assessment will be ongoing and the hiring authority reserves the
right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment
process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as
This position provides knowledge associated with the Data
Management job family, database design, database administration,
data security, data integrity, and relational database management
systems. At an enterprise level, this position works in a team of
database administrators that is responsible for data management
domains / areas.
Some of what you will do:
- Provide expert-level consultation and technical expertise in
the planning, design, and implementation of the agency's database
- Is responsible for the development and implementation of
database backup, recovery and disaster recovery policies and
- Works closely with senior IT staff and Management to define and
determine short and long-term database needs and growth.
- Participates with senior level technical and business staff in
the analysis and requirements development for enterprise database
- Researches and makes recommendations for technical training
involving database technologies.
- Designs, develops, and implements complex operational plans and
procedures to sustain mission critical enterprise databases.
- Utilizes mature change management practices and industry best
practices while conduction database administration activities.
- Acts as a senior technical expert for relational database
- Consults on database schema design and provides recommendations
- Consults and advises on database indexing strategies.
- Provides technical guidance regarding database design to other
IT and business staff members.
- Consults with the development staff and makes recommendations
on tuning and performance improvement.
- Develops common routines and procedures required to support
database access. Monitors database activity and tunes
parameters for optimum performance.
- Reviews data model designs to ensure accuracy and
- Provide technical support and guidance in database design and
- Manages systems and support using Information Technology
Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service request management, change
management, incident management and problem management using
Service Desk or related software tool.
Here is what we are looking for (Required Qualifications):
A Bachelor's degree with courses in information technology
analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution
experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer
systems applications or databases.
(Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the
required education on a year-for-year basis)
A strong understanding of data modeling concepts and techniques
used to support both On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Data
warehouse database implementations.
Minimum of five (5) years' experience in:
- Architecting, implementing,
and maintaining enterprise database and reporting solutions;
- Strategic planning of
Minimum of five (5) years' experience in designing, developing,
implementing, administering, and maintaining of:
- Microsoft SQL Server
database solutions including all SQL Server versions 2000 and
- Microsoft SQL Server
Reporting Services solutions
- ETL processes using SQL
Server Integrations Services
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
Two years of experience in migrating databases to cloud
Two years of experience in administering database solutions
utilizing cloud technologies.
About the HCA:
The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) is committed to
whole-person care, integrating physical health and behavioral
health services for better results and healthier residents.
HCA purchases health care for more than 2.5 million Washington
residents through Apple Health (Medicaid), the Public Employees
Benefits Board (PEBB) Program, and the School Employees Benefits
Board (SEBB) Program. As the largest health care purchaser in the
state, we lead the effort to transform health care, helping ensure
Washington residents have access to better health and better care
at a lower cost.
What we have to offer:
- Meaningful work with friendly co-workers who care about those
we serve Voices of HCA
- A clear agency mission that drives our work and is
person-centered HCA's Mission, Vision & Values
- A healthy work/life balance, including alternative/flexible
schedules and mobile work options.
- Infants in the workplace Infants at the Workplace
- A great total compensation and benefit package WA State
- A safe, pleasant workplace in a convenient location with
restaurants, and shopping nearby.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And free parking!
About Olympia and Washington State:
Washington State offers a total work/life package of pay,
benefits, flexibility, and workplace opportunities to help you get
the most out of your career and out of life. Washington State is a
great place to work, play, and be a part of a community, offering
quality of life that is unsurpassed. From the high energy urban
center of Seattle, one of the nation's top ranked cities, to the
more relaxed pace of our rural communities, Washington's
distinctive Northwest lifestyle blends a progressive, creative
culture with a casual nature.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State
In addition to the positions currently listed, this recruitment
announcement may be used to fill additional positions, for up to 60
days from the time of the initial posting date.
How to Apply:
Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on
their NEOGOV profile will be considered. Failure to follow
the application instructions below may lead to disqualification.
To apply for this position, you will need to complete your
profile and attach:
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the
qualifications for this position.
- Current resume
- Three professional references
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer. Persons
with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or
those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may
call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.1761 or email
Prior to a new hire, a background check including
criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the
background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will
be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and
competence to perform in the position.