DCYF Licensing Data Systems Quality Assurance Coordinator (MA5) - Olympia
Company: State of Washington
Posted on: June 8, 2021
This position is available for 100% telework anywhere within
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) was
created to be a comprehensive agency exclusively dedicated to the
social, emotional, and physical well-being of children, youth, and
families regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or
other socioeconomic factors. We believe our workforce should
reflect the communities we serve, and are actively searching for
candidates that reflect that diversity.
We're looking for a Licensing Data Systems Quality Assurance
Coordinator(MA5) to support data quality efforts for the
Policy, Quality & Data Systems team within the Licensing Division.
Together we will work toward the common goal of eliminating child
and youth outcome disparities based on race and ethnicity. Our
vision is that "All Washington's children and youth grow up safe
and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and educationally,
nurtured by family and community."
We are searching for a detail-oriented, data expert who can
provide comprehensive quality assurance services in the Licensing
Division. This individual will be instrumental in determining to
scope of the policy, regulation, and practice issues, while
identifying data anomalies and leading data clean-up efforts. The
candidate will work with multiple data systems, including WA
Compass, Foster Parent Application Portal, and FamLink. If you
possess expertise in data systems, and have a passion to enhance
systems that ultimately effect child and family wellbeing, then we
encourage you to apply today and join our team at DCYF.
Some of what you will get to do:
- Use statistical reasoning and established quality control
methods to evaluate data for completeness and determine accuracy,
reliability, and reasonableness.
- Identify potentially problematic data and verify, edit, or
update as needed.
- Use data analysis to identify areas needing improvement,
training, and additional policy clarification.
- Work with internal system users to develop training and or
corrective action plans to address improper practices that create
- Maintain extensive knowledge of DCYF related to RCWs, WACs,
Federal IV-E requirements, and Licensing Division policies and
- Prioritize Licensing Division data systems clean-up in support
of quality assurance efforts.
- Document, prioritize, test, and approve Licensing Division
related FamLink enhancements.
- Coordinate requests with the DCYF FamLink development
- Work with Licensing Division Product Owners to identify and
coordinate system use requirements.
- Collaborate system customer service teams to coordinate system
upgrades and resolutions.
- Work with Leadership to identify potential Racial Equity and
Social Justice (RESJ) biases inherent in Licensing data
What we are looking for:
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public
administration, law, public health, social science administration,
or a related field, and Five years of demonstrated
experience in two or moreof the following areas:
- Conducting research
- Analyzing policies, laws, rules, or regulations
- Conducting business analysis and developing requirements
- Leading business projects
- Managing business operations
- Developing business policies
In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal
applicant will also have some or all of the following:
- Knowledge of government organization policies, rules,
procedures, and program needs, federal and local government
functions, licensing methods and procedures in child care
licensing, research methods, and data collection.
- Experience speaking before groups, compiling written reports,
obtaining cooperation of other departments and government
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively with
internal and external partners.
- Experience understanding and working effectively with diverse
- Experience building and maintaining collaborative working
relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience evaluating, compiling, and organizing data into
reports to inform policy and practice.
- Experience understanding, conceptualizing, structuring, and
administering quality review programs.
- Experience assessing and understanding program complexities and
developing recommendations for improvement to meet outcome
- Experience in leadership, public speaking, mediations,
negotiations, and planning.
How do I apply?
Complete your applicant profile and attach the following
- Cover letter
- Current resume
To take advantage of Veteran's preference please attach your
DD-214, member 4 long-form, or your NGB-22. Please black out
your social security number prior to attaching.
The initial screening will be based on the content and
completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All
information may be verified and documentation may be required.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in
the supplemental question responses will be considered
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal
history will be conducted. Information from the background check
will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in
determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform
in the position.
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity,
diversity, inclusion and respect.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process?
Unable to apply on-line? Contact the Recruitment team
at email@example.com or (360) 628-0114 or the
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or
completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you
can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the
application instructions. Include all requested
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses
address how you meet each of the required and desired
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond
completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each
component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly
describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and
detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the
same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these
jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Keywords: State of Washington, Olympia , DCYF Licensing Data Systems Quality Assurance Coordinator (MA5) - Olympia, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!