At Revenue, we put employee safety first and foremost. This is
why we will use every resource possible to ensure this hiring
process stays within the current guidelines related to COVID-19. If
selected to move forward, please be aware interviews may be
conducted virtually using a webcam teleconferencing method and most
employees are working from home.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your knowledge of
modern security tools and practices to secure critical and
confidential information? The Department of Revenue collects
billions in taxes annually, and we need your expertise to ensure
that our systems provide secure and reliable services to the
citizens of Washington.
Revenue's Information Systems Division (ISD) is dedicated to
providing secure, dependable, and high quality technology systems
and services for the agency and public. Combined with a fantastic
work-life balance and a dynamic learning organization, you will
work with amazing leadership, talented co-workers, and help deploy
the latest tools and cloud-based solutions to tackle the agency's
information security challenges.
As a security deployment engineer, you'll be challenged
- Strengthen and mature Revenue's cloud and on-premises data
center security access and practices.
- Implement security control solutions in collaboration with
project managers, business partners, and technicians.
- Coordinate with other teams within ISD to deploy security tools
and techniques based on security and architectural standards.
- Identify and recommend new and emerging security controls.
- Act as incident command for security-related events.
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- An Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited institution
whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of
Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA),
or a foreign equivalent.
- A professional security certification, such as CISSP, CISA, or
CEH, from a non-vendor specific industry recognized organization
such as ISC2, ISACA, or the SANS institute.
- Two-years of demonstrated experience leading managed security
related deployment projects within a hybrid data center
- Two-years of demonstrated experience administering security
technology controls in the area of RBAC, NAC, unstructured data
classification, separation of duties, and incident response.
- At least six years professional experience in IT that includes
a minimum of four years continuous dedicated and professional
computer security work experience where computer security was your
primary responsibility (comprised more than 51% of your work).
- Demonstrated understanding of common security controls and best
practices in a regulation-heavy environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of CIS Top 20 Critical Controls for
security assessment and auditing.
Preferred applicants will possess:
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science or related
field to information management or information security from an
accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the
U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education
Accreditation (CHEA), or a foreign equivalent.
- Additional certifications in the area of server administration,
network infrastructure, Azure, or M365
- Two-years experience administering and deploying security tools
and products within Microsoft Azure.
- Two-years experience developing and reviewing hardening
techniques for cloud-based infrastructure deployment templates and
To be considered:
- Please complete your online profile in detail.
- Please attach a letter of interest, describing your specific
qualifications for this position.
- If you are submitting your college transcripts and have foreign
education credentials, please include the evaluation of U.S.
- Note - Incomplete applications and applications received
without requested attachments may be disqualified.*
To take advantage of Veteran's preference, please attach
your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.
Please blackout your social security number and date of birth
Hello, my name is Lance and I will be assisting with this
announcement. As a 19-year Department of Revenue employee, I
understand the importance of finding a rewarding career with a
work-life balance. At Revenue, we pride ourselves in connecting
talented individuals with opportunity and would like to answer any
questions you have.
Please contact any part of the Staffing team at Jobs@dor.wa.gov
or give me a call (360) 704-5725.
The Human Resource Division may use referrals from this
recruitment to help fill future similar vacancies for up to six
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal
record history will be conducted. Information from the
background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will
be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and
competence to perform in the position.
This position may be covered by a collective bargaining
agreement between the Department of Revenue and the Washington
Public Employees Association (WPEA).
The Department of Revenue is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We embrace diversity and offer a respectful,
inclusive culture for people with disabilities, as well as members
of all protected groups and statuses. We encourage you to
If you need help during the application process, please call the
Human Resources Office at 360-704-5731. Applicants who are
deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay
Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.