IT Support Engineer
Company: Inland Imaging
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The IT Support Engineer is a Full-Time, Regular position
working Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. This position will be working
remotely, providing onsite work for our clients. We currentlyhave
two openposition, on in the Olympia, WA area and one in the
Seattle, WA area. Apply through our careers page at www.nuvodia.com/careers
Summary: This position supports and administers
hosted, managed, and customer specific solutions as well as
maintains and provides onsite support for Nuvodia and its clients
to ensure an efficient flow of information.
General Description: The IT Support Engineer
must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced
office environment in meeting deadlines. He/she must be able to
handle multiple priorities combined with frequent interruptions.
Organizational skills are essential and a sense of urgency, the
ability to make good decisions, and the prioritization of tasks is
Essential Duties / Responsibilities: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform duties
in PC, Server and Networking satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Performs data communication functions related to the
administration and support of hardware, software, and circuit
- Administers and supports voice and network systems including
routers, switches, VPN and Network Security.
- Responsible for the ongoing administration of voice technology
and network systems to include telephone station hardware/software
changes, voice system software upgrades, traffic analysis and
- Troubleshoots and provides timely resolution to PC and printer
issues including on-the-spot problem solving for end users.
- Travels to client companies as the primary engineer in response
to on-site hardware issues.
- Responsible for critical and security updates for all
- Responsible for new builds and upgrades of PC software and
- Ensures timely project delivery to client companies.
- Maintains professional relationships with client companies
including serving as the face of IT.
- Uses Footprints to record all IS issues received and
- Evaluates assets for health and performance periodically.
- May Provide backup to the Help Desk during high call volume
times or cover coworker absence.
- Assists in clinical application support and
- Provides setup and support to our referring physician
- Administers, supports, and troubleshoots windows server
- Administers, supports and troubleshoots VM environments.
- Ensures timely project delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional weekend work and on-call may be required.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Honest, pleasant manner, and good personal hygiene.
- Free of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Valid state drivers license and proof of insurance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, organized, and able to
work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning and participation in
continuing education through professional journals, approved
- Adheres to departmental standards and personnel policies by
demonstrating professional demeanor in conduct and appearance.
- Follows company departmental standards and personnel policies
by using good teamwork and communication skills to help identify
concerns and solutions, assisting where needed to ensure a smooth
- Performs other duties as required by displaying team spirit and
self-growth, accepting and performing other projects and
responsibilities, and requesting other projects and
- Rotates to other shifts and locations as needed
- Follows all Health and Safety policies and guidelines of Inland
Imaging and its partners depending on work location
Treats all clients with dignity and respect Provides excellent
customer service Conforms to Joint Commission and HIPAA regulations
Complies with PHI (Protected Health Information) Demonstrates the
Nuvodia values by knowing and understanding the mission, vision and
- Communicate Specifically, Do What You Say Youll Do, Operate
With an Ownership Mentality, Do the Right Thing, Choose Your
Attitude Find the Positive
- Education: Bachelors Degree in related field or
- Three years of data and telecommunication experience
- Four years of IT experience desired
- Two years of experience with building, rebuilding, deploying
and maintaining PCs
- Two years troubleshooting a variety of printers
- Familiar with troubleshooting TCP/IP printing
- Able to perform minor repair on laser jet printers
- Good understanding of IP Networks
- Understanding of remote connection tools, i.e., VNC and Remote
- Understanding basic DOS troubleshooting commands; PING or
- Familiarity with wireless networking
- Familiarity with TCP/IP configurations and how they interact
(WINS, DHCP, DNS)
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer support
- Ability to document system solutions and follow outlined
- Demonstrated ability to work independently--almost entirely
without direct guidance.
- Certifications: MCPE and/or A+ desired
- Computer Skills: Experience with the following
computer applications is highly desired: Microsoft Office products
(Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio); Internet, Intranet
- Drug Test: Eligible employees must be able to pass a
post-offer, pre-employment drug test which includes marijuana
General Competency (Physical Support):
- PC Configuration and Deployment
- Maintain Standards
- Constantly evaluate Health of Workstations in all centers
- Develop new solutions and configurations as needed
- Printer Troubleshooting
- Familiar with TCP/IP printing technology.
- Understand HP Jet Direct troubleshooting.
- Understand and perform minor repair on HP LaserJet
- Peripheral Equipment
- Understand Installation of Diagnostic Monitors.
- Understand and troubleshoot Document Scanners.
- Understand and troubleshoot Fax Machines.
- Understand and troubleshoot Film Digitizers.
- Understand and troubleshoot IBTs and DEC Servers.
- Understand and troubleshoot digital phones, analog phones, and
Dictaphones and their connections.
- Network Troubleshooting
- Maintain familiarity with WAN IP and DICOM modality
- Understand basic DOS troubleshooting commands (ping, tracert,
- Maintain familiarity with Wireless networking configurations
(SSID, WEP, MAC restrictions, open-node).
- Understand VPN installation and configurations.
- Maintain familiarity with TCP/IP configurations and how they
interact (wins, dhcp, dns).
- Domain Management
- Understand User Management (passwords, security, roaming
- Maintain familiarity with Domain Policy settings.
- Remote Connection Tools
- Understand VNC functionality.
- Understand Remote Desktop Connection support.
- Understand Centennial for remote asset information.
- Understand behind-the-scenes connection availability. (Drive
Mapping, PC Management, etc)
- Maintain familiarity with ISWEB and PCSUPPORT for information
and software installation.
Radiology Application Competency
- Understand user account management.
- Maintain familiarity with basic software functionality from
- Understand software installation and configuration.
- Customer Service
- Be familiar with the Radiologists and work directly with them
on their iRad workstations.
- Be familiar with the Core and Tech workflows and work directly
with them on their workstations and peripherals
Software General Competency
- Microsoft Office
- Understand Outlook configuration.
- Familiar with basic office functionality of Word, Excel,
- Web Portal Functionality
- Understand Web Portal addresses (IVI, IIBA, IILLC, IIAPS).
- Maintain familiarity with forms that are available via the
- Understand CBASE query and reporting functionality.
- Understand WEB mail limitations and differences to
- Kronos Timekeeping
- Understand user account management.
- Understand and recognize which users are punch employees vs
- Understand basic software functionality from user perspective
(time edits, approvals, sign-off).
Inland Imaging has had the opportunity to provide Radiology
Services in the Northwest since 1930. In addition, Inland Imaging
is made up of multiple companies that specialize in specific
services that encompass our entire business. IIBC is our business
company that advises and provides management expertise and IT
Services to our other companies, IIPS is our radiologist physician
company, IILLC is our joint-venture company with Providence that
staffs our imaging facilities and owns our imaging equipment. At
Inland Imaging everything we do is guided by our Core Purpose and
Values. It's our mission and our commitment to live our purpose and
values every day and in every interaction with our patients, our
providers, and with each other.
Keywords: Inland Imaging, Olympia , IT Support Engineer, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!