Surgical Technologist *$6,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Providence is calling a Surgical Technologist (1.0 FTE, Evening
Shift) to work in Surgery at Providence St. Peter Hospital in
This position offers a 6,000 Sign On Bonus to external Surgical
Under the supervision and direction of the Perioperative Nurse,
collaborates with OR team in providing efficient, safe, cost
effective patient care outcomes. The OR Technician will be
proficient in all specialties and will take call as scheduled.
In this position you will:
- Provide safe, efficient scrubbing technique for all
- Check PPDs before the case.
- Read up on less familiar procedures; ask for help when
- Participate in "hands-on" demonstrations when provided.
- Request inservices on less familiar procedures /
- Attend classes / workshops to update scrub skills in various
- Request cases that will update current skill and ability.
Share knowledge with OR team.
- Facilitate the availability of supplies, and properly
maintained equipment and Instruments for surgical cases.
- Assists in procuring supplies, equipment, and instrumentation
for each case as indicated by Physician Preference Directory
- Check PPD for accuracy before opening a room.
Check integrity of instrumentation and equipment.
- Provide sterile instrumentation for surgical cases.
- Use aseptic technique in opening the room.
- Check sterile indicators.
- Observe for breaks in technique when opening items.
- Check integrity of the packaging.
- Observe for moisture in sterile packaging.
- Follow procedure and parameters for Flash / Chemical
Document according to policy.
- Maintain a quiet environment during induction of anesthetic and
waking the patient.
- Keep talking to a minimum.
Limit noisy handling of instruments.
- Acknowledge concerns of patient while they are awake.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Washington State Surgical Technologist Registration
- AHA BLS
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an approved Operation Room Technician Program
- H.S. Diploma or GED
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit
regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter
offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and
behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top
100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the
nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet" recognition
from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our hospital rests
on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and
preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Olympia , Surgical Technologist *$6,000 Sign-On Bonus*, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!