Desktop Support Technician
Company: State of Washington
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Note: This recruitment will remain open until the position is
filled. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring
decision at any time. It is in the applicant's best interest to
submit materials as soon as possible. First application review will
be January 12, 2020, and will continue weekly until filled.
This position has been allocated as Customer Support Journey
In this position you will perform professional enterprise-level
technical tasks in support of all endpoint devices. You will also
provide expert technical support for all endpoint hardware and
software; provide and manage LAN connectivity; access controls; and
asset management; and maintain endpoint patching, compliance, and
recovery. You will collaborate with the Office of the Governor and
OFM, providing employees with the highest possible level of
technology support which enables the agency to better serve other
state agencies as well as the residents of Washington.
OFM is a great place to work! Our mission is to support and improve
government on behalf of all Washingtonians. As an employee of OFM,
you will be part of a team of dedicated professionals who work
every day to fulfill this mission by providing vital information,
fiscal services, policy support and technology services that the
governor, Legislature and state agencies need to serve the people
We are a dynamic and high-performing agency that is responsible for
a wide range of activities that are critical to the efficient
operation of the state government enterprise. We are committed to
supporting the growth and development of our employees and support
the following values:
- Fostering an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion .
We strive to hire, cultivate and retain a competitive workforce
that reflects the communities we serve.
- Encouraging a healthy life/work balance by offering
flexible/alternative work schedules, wellness activities, mobile
arrangements and teleworking opportunities.
- Making strides in modernizing our work environment by thinking
outside the cubicle and providing workspaces that promote creative
collaboration, drive efficiency, and best suit the important work
- Offering an Infants at Work Program to promote parent and
infant bonding, parental well-being and healthy infant development.
Depending upon job duties, work location and supervisor approval,
eligible employees who are new mothers, fathers or legal guardians
can bring their infant (six weeks to six months) when returning to
What will you be doing?
- Creating, managing, and modifying user groups and computer
accounts within the Active Directory and Exchange.
- Controlling access and structure for network file shares and
- Creating advanced PowerShell scripts to automate and streamline
- Collaborating with security personnel to ensure all standards,
policies, and processes adhere to industry standards, best
practices and compliance with OCIO statewide standards.
- Triaging customer technology issues or concerns, with
escalation as needed.
- Identifying and resolving technical and data issues that will
or may affect the customer.
- Independently working with users resolving Tier 2 and Tier 3
medium to high-risk issues.
- Providing advanced technical expertise and advice in
troubleshooting and solving connectivity issues, imaging of
endpoint devices (mobile devices, workstation computers, laptops,
tablets, etc.), browsers, hardware, and supported
- Identifying and implementing standard/non-standard hardware
solutions that meet core functional business requirements.
- Assisting in the coordination of testing, upgrading, and
deploying software to endpoint devices.
- Deploying and configuring endpoint devices, including upgrades
and replacement of deployed devices as needed.
- Six years of demonstrated experience in configuring and
maintaining workstation hardware and software. (An associate degree
in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field may
substitute for up to two years of experience.)
- Two years of demonstrated experience managing a heavy technical
workload while maintaining a rapid pace without sacrificing
- Two years of professional experience using multiple research
methods, including the web, to identify technical solutions outside
of your expertise level and following advanced technical
instructions in troubleshooting complex system problems.
- Experience creating scripts via PowerShell, VBS, etc. for use
in administration automation and monitoring.
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Configuration Manager
(MECM, formerly SCCM) for deployment of images and software
- Experience maintaining connectivity and troubleshooting issues
within a local area network (LAN).
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this
position. Because the selection will be based on information you
provide, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge,
skills and abilities that address the required and desirable
qualifications described above.
Interested? We would love to hear from you! Click "Apply" to submit
your application and include the following:
*You must be eligible to work in the United States without
sponsorship from this agency.
- A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
- A current resume detailing applicable experience and
- A list of at least three professional references with current
telephone numbers (either in the online application or as an
The Office of Financial Management is an equal opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. We are
committed to building a team that represents a variety of
backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are,
the better our work will be. Women, racial and ethnic minorities,
persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and veterans
are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the
application process, or who wish to receive this job announcement
in an alternative format, may call 360-725-0158 or the
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf: 711 Relay. For TTY service,
please call the Washington Relay Service at 711 or
For questions about this recruitment or to request a reasonable
accommodation in the application process, please email
email@example.com or call us at 564-999-1868.
Keywords: State of Washington, Olympia , Desktop Support Technician, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!