In hopes to gain additional applicants - this job will
remain open until selection is made. Application review will be
ongoing, and therefore we encourage you to submit your application
materials as soon as possible. If you have already applied, your
application is still on file and you do not need to apply again.
The Hiring Manager reserves the right to close the posting at any
time once selections have been made.
Your opportunity to be a key part of how we live our vision and
BUILD the nation's best and most future ready workforce starts
right at ESD!
Power to Help: Here at the Employment Security Department
(ESD), we believe in the Power to Help when people need it most. We
provide economic security to the people of Washington every day and
in every corner of the state. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps
in employment and soon we'll be providing paid family and medical
Power of a Job: Our Information Technology Services (ITSD)
Division improves our business by providing innovative IT support
and services. We looking to hire a Field Support Supervisor to
manage a team of professional IT staff resolving technology issues
and service requests. You will interact with customers both
remotely and on-site, delivering a high level of customer
satisfaction through efficiency and reliability, and coordinating
efforts with all service delivery teams, state agencies, and
partners. You'll be relied upon for directing the definition
of hardware peripheral standards, responsible for the procurement,
installation, and maintenance of all customer related associated
hardware. This work includes the implementation of policies and
procedures to ensure consistency with agency goals, industry best
practices and regulatory requirements. Your knowledge and expertise
will be critical in developing long term consistency of purpose,
continuity over time, improved efficiencies, and lower operational
Because we are always striving to learn from one another, we're
open to implementing fresh ideas and concepts that come directly
from staff. Through these efforts, we have created more innovative
processes for the agency in order to better utilize the time of our
valuable IT professionals. These innovations include Continuous
Integration (CI) in our build and release pipeline,
platform-as-a-service (PaaS) web and database deployments to the
Azure platform, restful web-API services for our applications,
standardized frameworks for our batch processes, better dashboards
for our operations support, and more. If you are ready to join a
team of pioneering IT professionals continuously improving our
customer's experience and service levels, then we hope you will
- -> PLEASE NOTE: In addition to the base salary, this
position will receive an additional (5%) supervisory pay
As the Field Support Supervisor, you will be responsible for
providing leadership, direction and technical guidance to IT
infrastructure personnel, so that members of the field support team
can effectively support of the agency's mission to connect
employers and jobseekers. You will direct operations,
administration, and maintenance of enterprise IT infrastructure
solutions for IT systems based on specific business requirement,
and provide input and feedback in support these solutions, ensuring
that agency IT systems are always available and highly responsive
in providing services for internal and external customers.
For a full description of duties - please click here to request
from the recruiter: PDF Request Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or closely related
- Seven (7) years IT experience related to managing, operating
and maintaining enterprise network, data and voice
OR a combination of education and/or relevant
- Experience with configuration, installation, troubleshooting
and supporting server, desktop, and computer services and
- Working knowledge with Microsoft end-user technologies such as
Office suites, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft System Center
Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Familiar knowledge with Microsoft Windows Server operating
systems, Microsoft Windows Domain Services (DNS), Active Directory
- Familiar knowledge with WAN architecture (MPLS, VPN, QoS).
- Familiar knowledge with Cisco Switching fabric (LAN,
- Familiar knowledge in the design and implementation of network
and telecommunication rooms, UPS, cabling, and HVAC
- Familiar knowledge with VoIP equipment, operation and
- Experience supporting enterprise network management and
monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, ExtraHop and Cisco Prime
The most successful candidates will also have demonstrated
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks
using prioritization techniques.
- Ability to lead people, tasks, and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of facilitation and coaching techniques.
- Experience managing and/or leading an enterprise IT support
- ITIL Certification or equivalent applied experience.
Please attach a Resume and Cover Letter to your on-line
application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
- A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section
of the application.
- Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "see
resume" in the supplemental question responses may be considered
- Position may require frequent and/or occasional travel to field
offices within the state, and/or occasional travel for meetings
and/or training. Must meet requirements to operate state
- This recruitment may be used to fill additional agency-wide
positions in accordance with Article 4 of the WFSE Collective
- The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity
employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon
request to individuals with disabilities.
- If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or
completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
More than Just a Paycheck! Washington State offers one of
the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. To read more
about our benefits, click on the following employee benefit
- Benefits (insurance, retirement, and related benefits)
- Vacation, Leave, and Holidays
- Special Programs (additional benefits)
ESD is diligent and remains focused on creating a modern
workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We
have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules
and are working to update our facilities all over the state to
enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All
The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal
opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment
that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual
orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic
minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age,
veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual
orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please
include your name and pronouns in your application, to ensure we
address you appropriately throughout the application process.
If you are a person with a disability and would like to request
an accommodation in the application process, if you need this job
announcement in an alternate format, or if you have general
questions about this opportunity, please contact Carolyn Haley on
the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com, Washington
Relay Service 711, or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.