Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Starting hourly rate: $21.75, with a step plan to increase pay
every 6 months plus a Commercial Driver's License
Are you ready to drive commercial motor vehicles over the road,
solve transportation mysteries, and help Amazon deliver world class
service to our customers? As a Transportation Associate, you will
be a vital member of Amazon Transportation Services. Transportation
Associates will perform trailer moves, coordinate yard activities
(such as check in, traffic flow, internal communications with
docks, etc.), conduct yard audits, complete driver training
programs (Hostler, CDL School, etc.), and operate multiple vehicle
asset types over the road as assigned in accordance with business
need to support Amazon’s transportation network.
Due to interstate operating authority commerce regulations,
candidates must be at least 21 years or older. Candidate must hold
a valid state-appropriate driver’s license, be able to obtain their
Driver Qualification File (DQF) and Commercial Driver’s License
(CDL), and be eligible to drive in accordance with DOT
requirements. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including
for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
As a Transportation Associate you will:
· Adhere to company rules and regulations and make safety a
priority at all times.
· Perform various functions within the yard, support site
operations teams, internal transportation field teams, and external
carriers, as needed, to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on
time with zero defects and to maintain a fluid trailer pool.
· Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) on non-public roads or
in yard to move trailers to/from dock and parking locations.
· Operate CMVs over the road as required while staying on
predetermined routes and using approved equipment.
· Comply with company policies, procedures, and DOT regulations
(size, weight, route designations, parking, trailer designations,
violation and incident reporting requirements, break periods,
· Complete driver vehicle inspection reports on equipment and
notify managers of any maintenance or delivery issues
· Follow hostler and delivery schedules, track and report working
hours and breaks at appropriate times, adhere to yard safety
policies, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance
with weather/road conditions.
· Work at locations within node on an as needed basis to support
the business, 40 hours/week and overtime as required.
· Drive, maneuver, and load/unload a truck using approved equipment
(pallet jack, etc.)
· Lift up to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to
12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
· Work as a peer trainer on an as needed basis to support the
Associate will be required to obtain their Driver Qualification
File (DQF) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) as a condition of
· Hold a valid and active driver’s license
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office
(Outlook, Word, Excel)
· 21 years of age
· Work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends,
nights, and/or holidays
· Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours,
and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or
without reasonable accommodation
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
skills with diverse audiences.
· Ability to follow and enforce safety measures and policies to all
who operate vehicles on behalf of Amazon and those who enter the
yard, including vendors and senior team members.
· A commitment to build strong, collaborative relationships with
colleagues and outside vendors.
What else does the TOM team have to offer? We’re glad you
· Earning your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), paid for by
· Opportunity to work outside and drive different commercial motor
vehicles over the road.
· Exposure to different site types including: NACF, NASC, Air, AMZL
· Long-term growth potential via comprehensive training in
transportation with Amazon.
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage
starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match,
holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range
of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents
prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child.
Relocation assistance is not provided.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon.com Services LLC, Olympia , Local Driver, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!