If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
BUILD ON YOUR SALES CAREER WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS A FUTURE.
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our
people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY. As a " CDM ",
you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered
to develop your sales career. In 2021, Ryder is busier than ever
and continues to move the transportation industry forward. As an
innovative outsourced solutions provider, we enable commerce to
flow reliably, efficiently, and safely. How?
- Top Technology Provider for Food & Beverage Supply Chain
- Top Third Party Logistics (3PL) Provider to the Retail
- Largest Electric Truck Footprint in the US
The Customer Development Manager position is responsible for the
management of assigned accounts in the Business Unit (BU); the
education/development of customer interest in additional Ryder
services (including: Full Service Lease, Programmed Maintenance,
Lease Financing, Fleet Management Services and Dedicated Contract
Carriage) by utilizing the Ryder Sales Process. Your
ability to build and maintain relationships is critical to the
success in this role.
The position requires ground travel and includes salary, a car
allowance, company cell phone, and excellent monthly commission
potential. Some travel may apply for training. We also offer a full
benefits package, 401k employer match, and a discount on
Book of Business- Seattle Metro
YOUR JOB SEARCH ENDS HERE.
Check out these videos!
Ryder's most recently been named a “ Top Company
for Women to Work for in Transportation ” by Women in
Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine’s “ World’s Most Admired
Companies ,” one of “America’s Most Responsible Companies
” by Newsweek.
\#FB #INDexempt #LI-post
- Maintain regular and consistent contact with customers to meet
customer requirements. Develop sales penetration plan. Segment
account base by opportunity for growth and potential for risk.
Present Ryder services and capabilities. Develop relationships with
all customer buying influences. Develop complete understanding of
customers business, goals and objectives. Work with RIL to develop
opportunities for the application of those services as appropriate.
Serve as facilitator between customer and Ryder departments or
- Ensure contracted services are delivered to customer.
Orchestrate the development of a productive working relationship
with the customer. Maintain appropriate customer contact.
Understand and manage customer satisfaction perception. Conduct
regularly scheduled customer reviews. Monitor CSI results by
account. Develop knowledge base of competitive alternatives.
Contribute to an effective transition of accounts sold.
- Proactively anticipate problems through continuous dialogue
with customer & Ryder staff. Supply customer with information
regarding operational performance. Learn customers business &
- Training and improvement of sales skills, industry knowledge
and personal growth needs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Ability to leverage customers financial data to determine needs
and solutions match
- Ability to work within various geographic and demographic
- Ability to guide, engage, and impart knowledge to others
- Willingness and ability to work with and mentor new sales
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work in team concept while holding self fully
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Marketing,
Transportation or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years or more demonstrated consecutive sales and
customer relationship management experience in prior sales
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Outside Sales
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.