Sr. Property Adjuster (field) - Olympia/Tumwater, WA
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Purpose of Job
**Sign-on Bonus available**
**Company Vehicle Provided**
**Looking for experienced Sr. Property Adjusters in
Adjusters in this role will focus on utilizing technology and desk
adjusting for a virtual first approach to inspections and claims
handling and will also be responsible for physically inspecting
losses within their locally assigned territory. Adjusters in this
role may expect to travel outside of their local territory to
respond to catastrophes in other regions when needed.
Within defined guidelines and framework, investigates, evaluates,
negotiates and settles complex property insurance claims presented
by or against our members. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes
liability exposure and negotiates equitable settlement in
compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Recognizes and
empathizes with members' life events, as appropriate.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manage assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information
involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage
complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Prior experience desk adjusting property claims involving DWG,
APS and ALE using virtual technologies such as ClaimsXperience
- Experience handling higher severity/complex losses (i.e.
vandalism, malicious mischief, foreclosures, earth movement,
collapse, liability, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA (or actively
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate
within Olympia/Tumwater, WA
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
Available to work a flexible schedule Monday - Friday with
availability for occasional evenings and weekends as business need
dictates. Typical hours are 9:00 am - 5:30 pm local time. This is
an hourly, non-Exempt position with paid overtime available.
Work from home member contact employees must have access to minimum
broadband internet connection standards as defined by CTDO. Current
requirements are as follows:
- Bandwidth must have minimum capability of consistent speeds of
25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Must be able to provide workspace at home that is safe,
suitable for work, and provide a distraction free environment from
background noises that may distract a member or internal USAA
- In some roles you will be expected to use a webcam for
training, please be prepared every day to turn on your webcam USAA
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300 -
$108,600*(this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Olympia , Sr. Property Adjuster (field) - Olympia/Tumwater, WA, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!