WorkSource Administrator (WMS2): Everett
Company: State of Washington
Posted on: June 21, 2022
At the -Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the
-Power to Help -when people need it most. We provide our
communities with inclusive workforce solutions that promote
economic resilience and prosperity. -
To learn more about our Mission and Values please visit: -Link to
-ESD Values. - - -
We are currently seeking a people centric WorkSource Administrator
for our -WorkSource Everett office. -We are looking for an
individual that has a passion for using Lean, Human Centered
Design, and customer first strategies to effectively and
efficiently administer the delivery of ESD and WorkSource system
services and program operations in an efficient manner in line with
Our WorkSource Administrators are responsible for the growth and
development of relationships within our partnerships that include
government agencies, the business sector, and community-based
organizations and service groups. This work enhances the area's
economy and community support for agency services, programs and
If you are ready to use your -Leader-Leader approach to establish a
culture of employee engagement, learning and growth among staff and
partners, we invite you to apply and join our team! -
In this role, you will help drive local strategic efforts that
support expanding WorkSource services to employers and job seekers
with a focus on getting more people into meaningful work and
closing skill gaps. You will use purposeful and reflective
judgement to process, analyze, interpret, explain, evaluate,
illustrate, and compare information. You will actively contribute
to a working environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse
perspectives to help achieve organizational goals. Your ability to
mindfully produce positive actions or results through modeling,
discussion, conference, clarity and consensus will be vital in this
- Some of what you will do in this role:
* Engage in special assignments, projects and pilots initiated at
the division and/or regional level with a focus on creating more
value to the customer experience.
* Lead local strategic efforts that support expanding WorkSource
services to employers and job seekers with a focus on getting more
people into meaningful work and closing skill gaps.
* Develop and enhance community partnerships with government
agencies, the business sector, economic development organizations,
labor, community-based organizations, and community service groups
and educational training providers.
* Sponsor and oversee local workgroup charters connected to process
* Advocate for Integrated Service Delivery (ISD) and co-enrollment
while keeping a customer-centered focus.
* Develop innovative ideas and creative solutions to all types of
* Apply new tools like Human Centered Design and change management
principles to empower staff to problem solve and strengthen
services to customers.
* Responsibly and accurately handle the public's money when
committing fiscal resources and processing financial
* Use knowledge and understanding of the organization and political
climate to make decisions and take actions that satisfy diverse
interests and contribute effectively to organizational goals.
* Oversee and manage local contracts
Click here for a full description of duties. - - -
* A Bachelor's Degree, and 5 years' *experience managing and/or
supervising staff in a diverse, multi-functional, customer-focused
service delivery environment with a minimum of 2 years supervisory
* A combination of education and experience (*as noted above)
totaling no less than nine (9) years. A minimum of two (2) of those
years must include managing and/or supervising staff that provide
direct employment and training services.
Must have knowledge of:
* Strategic and operational business planning principles and
processes and performance outcomes measurement. Understands the
business environment, appropriate management and use of technology,
and possess the ability to interact with partners, stakeholders and
customers in strategic planning and problem solving.
* Workforce development and economic development. Demonstrated
knowledge of national, community service, employment services,
training, and/or social services programs. Demonstrated knowledge
of general and/or program-related state and federal laws, policies,
rules, and regulations.
Demonstrated ability to:
* Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
* Develop and manage a budget
* Demonstrate and promote leadership characteristics/attributes,
motivate and inspire employees, serve as a role model for quality
leadership behaviors. Ability to set clear and reasonable
expectations and gain support and buy-in. Must be able to make
timely decisions and take calculated risks based on available
information, accepts responsibility for decision and able to modify
decisions based on new information.
* Assess and evaluate performance and work behaviors and establish
a respectful and productive work environment based on trust. -
* Provide and accept constructive feedback in an impartial manner
and, where appropriate, initiate timely corrective/disciplinary
actions. Demonstrate consistency and fairness.
* Analyze and interpret data
* Use data and performance information to effectively manage
program performance, meet performance outcomes and improve business
* Effectively safeguard agency financial resources by consistently
following applicable fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles,
and standards. -
* Give public presentations
* Communicate complex ideas and principles in a manner easily
understood by lay audience
Preferred/Desired Education, Experience, and Competencies:
* Employee engagement
* Lean methods and practice
* Human resources
* Working with staff represented by a union
* Fiscal management principles and procedures
* Change Management
* Knowledge of general and/or program-related state and federal
laws, policies, rules, and regulations
* Knowledge of national, community service, employment, training,
and/or social services programs
Additional Requirements of Employment:
* Must be able to pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claim &
Benefit Information Review.
* Internet service with speeds of 30mbps download and 2MB upload.
To test your internet speed please go to www.speedtest.net.
* Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14, -(Download PDF reader)
-states employees must be fully vaccinated. -
Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon you
providing verification of your vaccine status, having an approved
medical accommodation, or having an approved religious
accommodation. No start date will be approved until you have either
verified your vaccine status or have an approved accommodation.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume with your -Online
Application -through the -"Add Attachments" -field. A resume will
not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application
or vice versa. Applications with blank fields, or supplemental
question responses with comments such as "see attachments" may be
considered incomplete. - -
Why work with us?
Our -agency's mission and values -drive every decision that we
make, determine how we interact with others and are at the core of
who we are. We value Collaboration, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion,
Innovation, and Integrity, Investing in our people and Service with
kindness. -We understand that a work environment that respects your
work/life balance is key that's why many of our positions are
eligible for flexible work schedules and teleworking opportunities.
Through support, value and trust our employees are empowered to
grow and develop into their best self.
More than Just a Paycheck
Washington State offers one of the most competitive -benefits
packages -in the nation. -Beyond the traditional benefits such as
Health, Life Insurance, Retirement, and related benefits, we offer
Flex Spending Accounts, Dependent Care Assistance, Deferred
Compensation and so much more. We take work life balance seriously
and many of our offices offer flexible work hours with a wider
variety of shift and schedule option to assist in this.
We are diligent and remain focused on creating a modern workplace
designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have
wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're
working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both
the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All
The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal
opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment
that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual
orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic
minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age,
veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual
orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please
include your name and pronouns in your application, to ensure we
address you appropriately throughout the application process.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the
application process, if you need this job announcement in an
alternate format, or if you have general questions about this
opportunity, please contact -Nicole Walters (she/her) -at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 742-6924, the -Talent
Acquisition Team, or Washington Relay Service 711. -
* This recruitment may be used to fill additional agency-wide
positions in accordance with Article 4 of the WFSE Collective
* The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity
employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon
request to individuals with disabilities.
* If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing, or
completing your application, please contact email@example.com
or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Keywords: State of Washington, Olympia , WorkSource Administrator (WMS2): Everett, Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!