Solutions Architect (Cloud/Virtualization/Storage)
Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: May 25, 2023
At Oshkosh, we build, serve and protect people and communities
around the world by designing and manufacturing some of the
toughest specialty trucks and access equipment. We employ over
15,000 team members all united by a common purpose. Our engineering
and product innovation help keep soldiers and firefighters safe, is
critical in building and keeping communities clean and helps people
do their jobs every day.THE ROLE(Onsite and Hybrid preferred-will
entertain Remote)We are looking for a Digital Technology (DT)
Architect to join our team and take on a senior technical role in
our organization. As a DT Architect, you will be responsible for
developing, maintaining, and evolving the architecture discipline
across your specific subject domain. Your expertise will include
virtualization, compute, storage, backups, private cloud, and
public cloud. You will be the driving force behind conceiving,
proposing, planning, maintaining, enhancing, and ensuring business
alignment with your domain architecture. Your role will be crucial
in ensuring that our architecture domain is neither over- nor
under-built when compared with current and future needs of the
commercial enterprise. This is a challenging and rewarding
opportunity that will require up to 10% travel.YOUR IMPACT
- Envision, plan, and execute projects that enhance global data
center platform solutions that involve the following existing
technologies as well as new designs:
- Enterprise hosting solutions including on-premises,
co-location, and public cloud.
- Microsoft Windows & RedHat Linux operating systems.
- Azure and/or AWS public cloud compute solutions.
- Automation & scripting tools such as Ansible, Terraform, VRA,
- VMWare ESXi and the related ecosystem, including VCenter, vSAN,
VRA, VRO, VCF.
- Rack and modular/blade server hardware platforms.
- Hyper-converged platforms.
- Disaster recovery design, implementation, and exercise.
- Storage technologies including SAN, FC, VSAN, NAS, Object.
- Data protection, replication, backup & recovery solutions.
- Maintain a working knowledge of platforms that interact with
data center solutions.
- Perimeter and system level security solutions.
- Microsoft Active Directory & Azure AD.
- Container platforms including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Network and connectivity infrastructure.
- Event & performance monitoring, audit & asset management
- ServiceNow, SharePoint, Outlook, Teams, OneDrive.
- Research industry standards, architectural options, features,
and functionality; and create use cases, models, design
structures/patterns; organize planning meetings.
- Establish and maintain current state representations of your
- Conduct research, design and advocate for new technologies,
architectures, and products that will enable the business to
- Effectively communicatee modeling concepts and progress
tracking with DT engineers and project teams as well as business,
and DT leaders.
- Ensure project teams comply with current standards, policies,
industry regulations, and best practices, ensuring solutions align
to the organization's ability to build and maintain.
- Provide high level technical leadership to project and
operations teams, as needed, by acting as a consultant on
fit-for-use analysis, build-vs-buy, and
- Author and communicate standards, and educate project and
operations teams on their scope, intent, and identify and assist in
the remediation of any out-of-standard situations.
- Work independently to accomplish deliverables and to
participate in an on-call rotation if necessary.
- Follow established ITIL processes, including change management,
incident management, and problem management processes.MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or
- Eight (8) years of experience designing, supporting and
automating data center and cloud technologies at enterprise scale,
with a focus on compute, storage, data protection, and operating
- Graduate degree in Information Systems, Management or
- Relevant industry recognized certifications (VCP, VCAP, VCDX,
CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, PMP, etc.)
- Experience working with abstract concepts in innovative ways to
- Experience with consensus building to bring together opposing
views and steering debates toward practical solutions and paths
- Experience and proficiency with various productivity
applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to interact with company personnel, build strong
relationships at all levels and across all business units and
organizations, and understands business imperatives.
- Strong understanding of the business impact of IT tools,
technologies and policies.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the
IT organization, management and business personnel.
- Experience with industry standard architectural framework
(FEAF, DoDAF, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)Oshkosh is committed to working
with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with
disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to
disability for any part of the employment process, please contact
us at: 920-502-3009 or
firstname.lastname@example.org.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Olympia , Solutions Architect (Cloud/Virtualization/Storage), Other , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...