Laborer - Railroad Construction
Company: RailWorks Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
RailWorks Corporation, America's largest rail construction
company, is now hiring Laborers in western Washington
state.***Regular travel to out of town job sites is required***The
Laborer will perform a variety of tasks involving physical labor at
construction sites, utilizing hand and power tools and other
equipment.Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible
- Reads and interprets plans, instructions, and specifications to
determine work activities.
- Digs ditches or trenches, backfills excavations, and compacts
and levels earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels,
pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Positions, joins, aligns, and seals structural components.
- Measures, marks, and records openings and distances to lay out
areas where construction work will be performed.
- Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement,
and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery,
and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations,
according to project plans and specifications.
- Follows company and industry safety rules, practices and
procedures.General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring braces, traffic
barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Controls traffic passing near, in, and around work
- A minimum of 2 years of construction/general labor
- Familiarity with materials and methods used in
- Experience with machines and tools used in construction,
including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand instructions and work
- Ability to understand and follow safety rules, policies,
procedures and regulations.
- Ability to work as a team, to jointly carry out assigned
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as standing,
climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending and
handling of materials, equipment and tools.
- Uses hands and fingers to grasp, manipulate, and/or assemble
objects and tools.
- Lifts, pushes, pulls, and carries heavy objects, machinery and
tools up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very
- Exposed to loud noise.
- May be exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
- Must wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety glasses,
safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection, as required by the
company.This job description is not intended to represent a
complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities
that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned
activities and other duties as assigned. Equal Opportunity Employer
(Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled).RailWorks Corporation is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment with RailWorks without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics
protected by law.Job Type: Full-timeWillingness to travel:
- 100% (Required)Work Location: On the road
Keywords: RailWorks Corporation, Olympia , Laborer - Railroad Construction, Professions , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!