IT Consultant III
Company: Thurston County Government
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Thurston County is seeking highly motivated and qualified
individuals for the position of Information Technology Consultant
III (ITC III) within the Information Technology Department.
The Information Technology Department provides desktop, network,
application, telecommunication, and geographical information system
This ITC III position provides critical technical expertise in the
design, build, and integration of data from various resources. Your
main goal will be to provide infrastructure and tools which can be
used to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can
be developed quickly and maintained easily. This position works
with staff and customers in a team setting for the planning,
installation, management, maintenance, and enhancement of
countywide information services. Specific job functions include but
are not limited to:
- Develop database solutions; create and enforce database
development standards; create and maintain data governance. Design
strategies for database systems and set standards for operations,
programming, and security. Align data solutions to business
requirements. Develop analytics & reporting.
- Provide technical consultation and assistance in design,
planning, collection, storage, manipulation, retrieval and
assessment of data.
- Identify, prioritize, and lead development of enterprise
analytical tools and applications.
- Analyze industry-wide trends and make recommendations for
improvements and efficiencies in system performance.
- Identify gaps in current data needs and provide leadership and
vision with addressing shortcomings.
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and
- Build, optimize, and maintain conceptual and logical database
- Partner and collaborate with customers on project and work
requests, help identify requirements and provide solutions.
Working Conditions:Work is performed primarily in an office
environment. During emergencies or special projects, this position
may be required to be called in or work an irregular schedule and
cause a temporary change in normal work hours. This includes
working on non-business or extended hours on weekends and holidays
to check/troubleshoot network or system outages, attend early
morning or evening meetings, and/or be available by phone to answer
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information,
business administration, or related field and four years of
progressive responsibility with at least two years of the four in a
project management capacity. Additional experience may substitute
for education on a year for year basis.
- Depending upon area of assignment, experience must include a
demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following to
successfully perform the essential job functions of the position:
Thorough knowledge of personal computer hardware, operating
systems, office automation software, printers, plotters, etc;
Thorough knowledge of networks, servers, communication devices,
system/network security systems; and, Thorough knowledge of
programming languages, database products, and integration
techniques on multiple computing platforms.
- Current Washington State Driver's License or have requested and
obtained an appropriate accommodation.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a security background
Desired SkillsTo be successful in this position, candidates will
possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum two years experience as a Technical/Solutions
- Experience with managing and implementing enterprise
- Capable of managing and implementing plans of action
- Demonstrated experience mentoring team members and being a role
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to document and communicate technical information to IT
professionals and non-technical staff
- Forward thinker with ability to enable new ideas or improved
methods for system efficiencies and work solutions
- Self-starter who can lead, direct and collaborate with work
- Communicate (oral and written) clearly and effectively with all
levels within the organization
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design and coding and
testing patterns, including experience with engineering software
platforms and data infrastructures. Familiarity with functional
programming concepts is a plus.
- Experience in delivery of enterprise systems with an emphasis
on cloud-based, widely available applications
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft platform (IIS, .NET, Web
Services, SQL Server, Windows Server, Active Directory etc.)
- Confidence in dealing with staff, managers and partners across
Other Position Related InformationContact Person: Sherrie Ilg,
This position is:
- NOT represented by a Union
- NOT eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Eligible for benefits
- Contingent upon passing a security background
Items required for consideration:
- Letter of Interest
- Supplemental Questionnaire
Keywords: Thurston County Government, Olympia , IT Consultant III, Professions , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!