Outside Sales Representative - Kent or Olympia, WA
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The Role At Lumen our employees are our most
valuable asset; many employees have built successful careers at
Lumen, growing with us as we have expanded to serve new markets
with new technologies. We value the highest ethical standards
applied to a positive work environment and seek out people with new
perspectives as we acquire talent in careers that will support our
continued growth.Outside Sales RepresentativeJoining the Lumen
Field Sales team is an excellent opportunity for you to work in the
competitive technology solutions industry. The Lumen Field Sales
organization is comprised of our outside sales teams and our
account manager teams all of which work in our local markets in a
variety of consumer and small business sales segments. You will
have an opportunity to learn our dynamic business and work with
field based partners and resources. You will work directly with our
customers to provide solutions that improve lives, strengthen
businesses, and connect communities by delivering advanced
technologies and solutions with honest and personal service.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base pay based on your experience and skills
- Generous sales incentives
- Paid training with travel to Denver, CO.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off & paid holidays
- Wellness rewards
- Discounts on Lumen and partner products and services
- 401(k) with company match (from day one)
- Tuition reimbursement (after three months of service)
- Exciting career opportunities and career
developmentClassificationRegular Full-Time employees are scheduled
to work at least forty (40) hours per calendar week for an
indefinite period of time.The Main Responsibilities
- Manage relationships and meet with assigned multi-dwelling
units (MDUs) in your territory.
- Build rapport, train, explain roles and responsibilities,
provide marketing material, seek out event opportunities to
increase penetration and generate revenue.
- Meet and exceed revenue and assigned strategic product unit
targets within assigned MDUs.
- Ensure compliance of agreements within assigned locations that
have an active Lumen marketing and partner agreements.
- Work closely with other channels in marketing Lumen's products
and services. Engage assigned locations in existing and new
programs offered by Lumen. Identify potential marketing and service
contract opportunities within assigned portfolio. Facilitate an
evaluation and advance the contract process.
- Become an expert in the competitive environment and be able to
communicate regarding competitive offerings while effectively
positioning Lumen as the best telecommunications choice for
- Identify opportunities for business referrals within assigned
- Participate in activities that promote Lumen products and
services, i.e., trade fairs, city events, etc.
- Build territory by distributing and maintaining current
- Probe and problem solve with customers to offer the right
product solutions based on their needs as customer interaction
opportunities present themselves.
- Meet monthly sales goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers, both
internal and external. Complete daily activity logs, sales reports,
- Manage mileage and expense reports.
- Maintain valid driver's license, adequate automobile insurance
coverage and must have appropriate working vehicle for
- Performance measures include revenue attainment, unit goal
attainment, penetration of customer base and customer retention.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 3 years outside sales experience preferred.
- Ability to achieve goals and determine priorities.
- Required to learn company rate plans and products: high-speed
internet, Satellite TV, residential telephone, and wireless.
- Required to work varying hours including weekends, evenings and
holidays. Relationship building skills are required for this
position with the ability to work with internal and external
clients at various levels.
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined and provide prompt
follow-up to all customer inquiries.
- Will build and maintain accurate and up-to-date strategic
- Must be able to keep organized, accurate records on daily
activities and results.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills are
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all aspects of computer work including internet
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to work independently and be able to effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products i.e., Word,
Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Daily work and tasks are subject to change.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record
(MVR).Requisition #: 238716When applying for a position, you may be
subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor
vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements
for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background
screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current
role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case
basis.This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by
a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining
agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to
join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or,
(b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a
condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to
join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated
to pay union dues.EEO StatementWe are committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color,
ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran
status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or
information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally
protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not
tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.DisclaimerThe
above job definition information has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job
duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing
business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Olympia , Outside Sales Representative - Kent or Olympia, WA, Sales , Olympia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!